Objectivism Online Forum

Casey Anthony Trial Verdict

Rate this topic

CapitalistSwine

Now what do we have here:

According to a software designer who created the computer program used by police and prosecutors to allege that Casey Anthony had conducted a Google search of the word “chloroform” 84 times, the prosecution erred in their assertion regarding the computer search and knew they might be doing so prior to the conclusion of the Anthony trial.

The computer search was a key piece of evidence in the murder trial as the prosecution sought to prove that Anthony had carefully studied the use of chloroform to render her daughter unconscious as part of a plan to murder 2 year old Caylee Anthony.

Bradley says that upon discovering the mistake, he immediately emailed and phoned prosecutor, Linda Drane Burdick, and Sgt. Kevin Stenger of the sheriff’s office to disclose his findings, expecting that this new piece of information would be provided to the defense.

It was not.

“I gave the police everything they needed to present a new report,” Mr. Bradley said. “I did the work myself and copied out the entire database in a spreadsheet to make sure there was no issue of accessibility to the data.”

Under the law, prosecutors are obligated to reveal any and all information that could be relevant to the guilt of the defendant, particularly information that would be exculpatory. Failing to do so is a serious offense and, had Ms. Anthony not been found not guilty, would have likely presented grounds for a new trial.

[source: http://blogs.forbes.com/rickungar/2011/07/19/prosecutor-misconduct-in-casey-anthony-case-alleged/ ]

We have more information in the media. How much of all the information that has been provided in the media frenzy is true?

I see it more of them reporting information from sources, but they really have to watch their wording.

One thing I would like to mention about the media, is this article I just read, of a photo of what may be Casey or someone that looks like her, at the [edit out, don't want to sanction this any as much as I can anyways]

Thing is, why is the media even trying to find where she is? I mean, people do want to know and you get ratings and hits and money coming in from all of it, but one thing that seemingly is irrelevent is her safety in all this. Do they care that this girl has had death threats on her, that finding out where she is and broadcasting it, can help the lynch mob find her and perhaps take what they think is justice into their own hands? Maybe that is exactly why? They aren't doing anything illegal, as far as I know, but it's inconsiderate to me, to say the least.

Edited by intellectualammo

• 3 weeks later...

What with this Jeff Ruby guy and his two ads in the paper?

Jeff-Ruby-is-a-Cock.jpg

Now this one has made news:

post-1927-0-23991800-1312568690_thumb.jp

Well, I'll never be eating in one of your restaurants. I'm boycotting your restaraunts now! Murder for profit? COME ON! You won't be profting from ME any at your restaurant!

What with this Jeff Ruby guy and his two ads in the paper?

Well, at least in part it appears he disagrees with the jury verdict and is seeking another legal avenue to have her tried in a "different" jurisdiction. I don't see a problem with that, thought I have serious doubts it will happen.

I don't eat there often as it is, but it won't stop me from eating there in the future.

• 4 weeks later...

The prosecutor Jeff Ashton, is going to have a book coming out called "Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casy Anthony"

I hope NO ONE buys it and boycotts it like me!

The title, Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony, sets the tone for the entire book by showing that Ashton is planning on portraying himself as the victim in this very public debacle. By placing the blame on our obviously flawed justice system instead of pointing the finger back at himself and his team of prosecutors, he avoids having to answer to the fact that the jury was correct in their verdict because he didn’t have one shred of credible evidence as to what actually happened to Caylee Anthony. This was evident in the charges that were filed against Casey when Ashton couldn’t even decide if she premeditated her child’s death or not!

http://blogcritics.o.../#ixzz1WdFhU3Yw