Objectivism Online Forum

wonder if you'd consider me an objectivist

Rate this topic

alright well I'm leaving this forum for good after this post so I wish you all the best, and I hope in time you'll start to think more independently. Take care.

Wow, thanks for the incredible condescension to people who, by my count anyways, have responded to your concerns in this thread with articulate and well-reasoned analysis rather than dogmatism or appeals to authority. Buh-bye.

alright well I'm leaving this forum for good after this post so I wish you all the best, and I hope in time you'll start to think more independently. Take care.
You're welcome to come back if you apologize for your crap and start being polite.

As if you are the arbiter of independent thought? I'm hoping in time you will grow up and stop trolling.

Actually, I think the dogmatism is mostly among the non "authority figures": i.e., among people who have not yet fully integrated their views about Objectivism, and still hold them rationalistically.

Where there is no dogma present, it's individuals who introduce it.

We are agreed on that, I think.

Makes you wonder if and why it is necessary to some people...

I'm curious (although not particularly concerned) whether some of you would consider me an objectivist or not, here are my credentials:

So you are asking us to give our opinion based on your evaluation of yourself? That seems like a pretty biased method to conduct an opinion poll. Even if it's just to satisfy a curiosity.

You have almost 200 other posts on this forum, not just this one where you list what you supposedly believe and apply. Wouldn't you prefer that people answer based on their full knowledge of you (through all your posts) instead?

P.S. My answer is "I don't know.". Even if I'm allowed to consider what I remember from all your posts. I would need to know you better to even begin to have a well informed opinion on that. But I am kinda leaning towards "No, you're not an Objectivist". That's just the wibe I'm getting. Could be wrong, of course.