Objectivism Online Forum

West Memphis Three Set Free

Rate this topic

RationalBiker

This case was the subject of two HBO documentaries (and books, articles, etc.) and has been subject to legal wranglings for 16+ years now. Of particular note as to the strangeness of our justice system, their freedom came at the cost of pleading guilty to a lesser crime while still maintaining their actual innocence to any crime.

If you ever get to see the documentaries, they are very interesting and I think cause some serious concerns about the convictions in general. There is a third documentary planned for release in January from what i've read. Some links below provide more information.

West Memphis Three

Wiki Entry

Paradise Lost

Paradise Lost 2: Revelations

I've been aware of these guys for almost 10 years now. It's always been an issue amongst the punk and metal community. I was thrilled to hear these men guys finally got set free. You can't call it justice, though. They were locked in cages on clearly false charges for years and were only released on pleading to lesser charges.. Hopefully they can return to normalcy, but I don't think I could ever live my life to the full after such horrendous treatment by a backwoods government.