Objectivism Online Forum

10th Anniversary of 9/11

Rate this topic

For almost all Americans, 9/11 is a day of sadness, remembrance, and unity. It isn't one of horror, outrage, and fury. Evidently, proper behavior demands that everyone should weep, reflect, and sing Kumbaya.

Following this logic, maybe September 11th should also be a day of tolerance, acceptance, and forgiveness of the jihadis. Perhaps everybody should honor and celebrate the lives -- and lament the untimely deaths -- of the nineteen airplane hijackers.

In reality, of course, 9/11 should be a day of rage. It should be a day of learning about, seeking vengeance against, and triumphing over, the enemy jihadis.

And everyone who calls these jihadi monsters by the ambiguous term "terrorists" is morally sanctioning their past evils -- and actively promoting their future ones. This last, as everybody knows, includes simultaneous suitcase nuclear devices for New York City and Washington DC.

Anyone who is so PC and MC as to call these miserable, mutant, Muslim monkeys "extremists" or "terrorists" is an enabler and a major problem. Such dishonest and cowardly euphemisms are the source of much of the Muslim activists' strength and destructive power.

Such false, misleading, and counterproductive terms morally sanction the jihadi enemy by refusing to accurately identify him. And by denying reality, a new reality is created: that of the morally-uncondemned monster. Now Mohammed is free to go forth and commit new atrocities. By declining to call these guys jihadis, Americans are permitting and encouraging Muslims to do what they do best: slaughter the innocent.

Ultimately, September 11th should be a day of rage against all of religion and the Judeo-Christian ethic. Contrary to what practically everyone today thinks and says, these two are not forces for good. 9/11 was their handiwork!

People who love "god" ultimately hate man -- and they destroy him. People who practice religious-type self-sacrifice ultimately sacrifice their fellow man too -- and in droves.

Religion and "god" are 100% false and 100% evil -- and everybody knows it. But the worst religion by far is that of Islam. That's what 9/11 should be about: remembering the spectacularly loathsome evil of the genocidal Muslims -- and then fervently swearing a holy oath that in future the good guys of this earth will successfully avoid it, neutralize it, and defeat it.

Sooner rather than later, the jihad-based philosophy of Islam needs to be brutally crushed. And every jihadi on earth needs to be summarily annihilated.

Ultimately, September 11th should be a day of rage against all of religion and the Judeo-Christian ethic. Contrary to what practically everyone today thinks and says, these two are not forces for good. 9/11 was their handiwork!

People who love "god" ultimately hate man -- and they destroy him. People who practice religious-type self-sacrifice ultimately sacrifice their fellow man too -- and in droves.

Religion and "god" are 100% false and 100% evil -- and everybody knows it. But the worst religion by far is that of Islam. That's what 9/11 should be about: remembering the spectacularly loathsome evil of the genocidal Muslims -- and then fervently swearing a holy oath that in future the good guys of this earth will successfully avoid it, neutralize it, and defeat it.

Sooner rather than later, the jihad-based philosophy of Islam needs to be brutally crushed. And every jihadi on earth needs to be summarily annihilated.

It takes a heck of a lot more than religious faith to do what the jihadis did on September 11th ten years ago; it takes a conscious hatred of man and willingness to do evil. Religious faith is certainly a destructive cultural and philosophical force, but to say that religious people are evil in the same way as the 9/11 terrorists is simply absurd. It is simply not the case that "Religion and "god" are 100% false and 100% evil -- and everybody knows it." In fact, religious people would not accept this statement, and to accuse them of consciously perpetuating evil simply because they are religious is ludicrous.

It is simply not the case that "Religion and "god" are 100% false and 100% evil -- and everybody knows it." In fact, religious people would not accept this statement, and to accuse them of consciously perpetuating evil simply because they are religious is ludicrous.

I certainly can't think of any sense in which religion and "god" are less than 100% false and 100% evil. Can you? That a deity exists, and that he's good, and that he can give you an infinite quantity and quality of life in the "afterlife", is a series of hyper-grandiose claims which are as fictional and fraudulent as anything can be. These claims are devoid of even a scintilla of evidence in favor of them, and have overwhelming and almost total evidence against them. And because the religiosos brazenly say that "god" is everywhere, and proof of his existence is everywhere, and everyone is aware of this ultimately, I would call it a massive and complete lie which truly is utterly evil.

And when you hear the faithful talk about Jesus, or whomever, they never sound right, and their arguments seemingly can never stand up to even the slightest questioning and scrutiny. When I look directly at them, and state my views in a simply factual and NON-hostile manner, these folks invariably seem TERRIFIED of my eyes. Evidently they would rather DIE than look directly at me while discussing this. I would speculate they this is because they don't want my face seared into their brain forever because such a return glance will call to their attention the terrible fraud that they are perpetrating in their own eyes and based on their own standards. The religious seem to know exactly what they're doing and that's this: telling the worst lie and perpetrating the worst evil on earth.

Acts of this type of deliberate irrationality and pure dishonesty seem to be the foundation for every other evil on earth -- including the Inquisition, Holocaust, and 9/11.

I certainly can't think of any sense in which religion and "god" are less than 100% false and 100% evil. Can you? That a deity exists, and that he's good, and that he can give you an infinite quantity and quality of life in the "afterlife", is a series of hyper-grandiose claims which are as fictional and fraudulent as anything can be. These claims are devoid of even a scintilla of evidence in favor of them, and have overwhelming and almost total evidence against them. And because the religiosos brazenly say that "god" is everywhere, and proof of his existence is everywhere, and everyone is aware of this ultimately, I would call it a massive and complete lie which truly is utterly evil.

And when you hear the faithful talk about Jesus, or whomever, they never sound right, and their arguments seemingly can never stand up to even the slightest questioning and scrutiny. When I look directly at them, and state my views in a simply factual and NON-hostile manner, these folks invariably seem TERRIFIED of my eyes. Evidently they would rather DIE than look directly at me while discussing this. I would speculate they this is because they don't want my face seared into their brain forever because such a return glance will call to their attention the terrible fraud that they are perpetrating in their own eyes and based on their own standards. The religious seem to know exactly what they're doing and that's this: telling the worst lie and perpetrating the worst evil on earth.

Acts of this type of deliberate irrationality and pure dishonesty seem to be the foundation for every other evil on earth -- including the Inquisition, Holocaust, and 9/11.

I just have to ask, then. What's with your obsession with Odin?

I certainly can't think of any sense in which religion and "god" are less than 100% false and 100% evil. Can you?

[...]

But how many PEOPLE are 100% false, and 100% evil? .

Frankly, your malevolent view bothers me. Your "non-hostile manner" leaves me imagining what the hostile one might be.

Can you stand up to your own scrutiny, Wotan?

Unsupported assertion.

Defend please.

Dates are marked and remembered for a particular purpose. The Revolutionary War marked the triumph of Republican values and is still remembered by many for this. 9-11 marked a triumph of Islam, we should remember that well and use the day to educate ourselves about the threat.

Or perhaps we should celebrate Islam?

Edited by Jorge

Dates are marked and remembered for a particular purpose. The Revolutionary War marked the triumph of Republican values and is still remembered by many for this.

If you mean "The Fourth of July", it's remembered for the day we declared our independence. The intended context of your use of the word "Republican" is unclear to me here. Do you mean "Republican" as in "The Republic" or as in the political party that didn't exist on July 4, 1776?

9-11 marked a triumph of Islam, we should remember that well and use the day to educate ourselves about the threat.

December 7th, 1941 marked a triumph of Japan. We remember it to this day, long after that triumph was shoved up their collective rear ends. We remember it not with anger and rage but with sadness over the tragic loss.

Or perhaps we should celebrate Islam?

False dichotomy. Those are not the only alternatives.

How one chooses to remember 9/11 is a personal choice. I choose to remember it as a tragic day of loss and grief - one which I was fortunate to find that my father in law (now ex) survived (worked at the Pentagon).

Islam has hardly received the pounding it deserves, it has rather been given a polite speaking to about OUR "faults" and attempts at appeasement.

That is why we must endorse 9/11 as both a day of Remembrance and a day of Education.

You may celebrate America's founding as you like, as merely a day for fireworks apparently as you seem to have trouble understanding its Republican virtues for, you know, Founding the Republic!

You may also choose to remember 9-11 as merely a tragedy while other people mark it in a more productive fashion.

Islam has hardly received the pounding it deserves, it has rather been given a polite speaking to about OUR "faults" and attempts at appeasement.

You realize, I hope, that this has no relevance to anything I said in the previous post.

That is why we must endorse 9/11 as both a day of Remembrance and a day of Education.

I do agree with this.

You may celebrate America's founding as you like, as merely a day for fireworks apparently as you seem to have trouble understanding its Republican virtues for, you know, Founding the Republic!

Considering that I just asked you to clarify what meaning you intended with the word "Republic", this response seems particularly ridiculous. Our "Republican Values" didn't emerge at the start of the Revolutionary War - they were a result of the Continental Congress which didn't take place until after we'd WON our independence.

You may also choose to remember 9-11 as merely a tragedy while other people mark it in a more productive fashion.

Ah, good, you've added ad hominem to your repertoire. That along with non-sequitor has you up to three so far.

Now do you want to actually address my points?