Objectivism Online Forum

New Layout

Rate this topic

WilliamColton

You can still get to chat by clicking on the "Objectivism Online" tab to the left of the "Forums" tab, and the link to chat is on the right. Hopefully the link will be put back up on the forum pages as well shortly.

Too bad the software can no longer tell the difference between my computer and my phone, and automatically switch to the mobile skin, like before. :(
I think I figured it out: it was configured to be the choice for IPhone and a few other user-agents but not for Android. I set it as the default for Android. However, on the IPB forum I saw one post about some issues with Android, so if you find it has problems, post and I'll switch it back.

For info on how Invision changed the mobile skin for 3.2, check out this blog.

However, on the IPB forum I saw one post about some issues with Android, so if you find it has problems, post and I'll switch it back.

Worked like a charm, thanks for doing this!

Reading through that post at the IPB forum, they said they've added tags in this update. This could eventually prove to work better than the search function at this forum, since so many new users have specific topics in mind when they join. I'll have to read through the rest of his posts about the 3.2 update, too. So far, the update looks great.

For some reason, my avatar won't stay as what I change it to. Since now the avatar and profile images are the same, and new avatar defaulted to the old profile photo, I had to change it. But now, no matter I've tried so far, the image I change to reverts back to my old image. The only thing that remains the same is having it blank.

I wonder if something along the way (from forum to you) is caching the old image. I'm not sure if Cloudflare might also cache the image. For starters, upload the new image that you'd like to use and let's take it from there.

I know when I go through the view new posts feature, the pages load relatively quickly... but it takes several minutes, sometimes, for the last little bit to happen: for the "Reply to this topic" box to become functional and for the page to actually jump to the first unread post.  As I write this, there are still two pages waiting for this last little bit to complete.

And now the post button refuses to operate so I have to go through "More Reply Options" to get something that will function.

I too have had similar problems with the reply module, either at the bottom of the page or in the full editor (via the "More Reply Options).

Sometimes the problem is there and pronounced, sometimes, rarely, it's been gone (testing with both Safari and Firefox on a Mac).

When the problem is there, it takes a long time for the module to load, and it often loads only partially - no edit buttons, just a simple rectangular box or frame, which, even though there are no edit buttons showing, I can type into.

When the reply module hasn't loaded properly (no edit buttons), though I've clicked to quote some post, the quoted post will not load into the reply module (at the bottom of a page), nor if I then click "More Reply Options."

Another problem I've noticed it that sometimes, even when the module has properly loaded, while typing, my cursor stalls, my ability to type stalls, for a few seconds. However, I've noticed this using Safari, not Firefox. With both browsers opened and while I'm logged onto the forum with both, I have the stalled typing problem only in Safari.

You should lose the "dollar sign" in the title graphic as it represents an immoral government-sponsored system of currency. Its a particularly antithetical symbol to be combined with Objectivism.
:) Good one. Or, we should color it gold.... oops! that's a different thread.

You should lose the "dollar sign" in the title graphic as it represents an immoral government-sponsored system of currency. Its a particularly antithetical symbol to be combined with Objectivism.

You are welcome to provide a better image. It was the best I could find on short notice. I'll post the PSD if you like.

Check out:

http://www.ellensplace.net/ar_pboy.html (it's a fun read regardless)

Ayn Rand here specifically qualifies her stance on the dollar sign. It's not a negation by any means, but it's not a ringing endorsement of it either: it's merely a plot device in AS (where the meaning is specifically called out in a fictional context). In AS, the meaning is used to signify (a free version of) the USA, not a government-controlled currency.

I'm quite familiar with Objectivism, and I don't find it appropriate...

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.