Objectivism Online Forum

What is the single root, meaning absolutely fundamental reason why for

Rate this topic

What is the single root, meaning absolutely fundamental reason why force is not permissible in prevention of logically inevitable greater harm?

As I am basically still an Objectivist in many ways, although I must say in lieu of your (and my own) terms and conditions (which I read yours) I am not anymore completely able to call myself one. This is my disclaimer. However, I think and therefore feel that it is appropriate as it is necessary to challenge each other through devil's advocacy wherever we can so that we never get 'soft.' Therefore, a polemics exercise must be declared, but can be such a great way of argumentative brain-storming and imaginative deductions as well as inductions. That is why I propose the above question as if I were an advocate of Fascism. Dig? :) Anyone interested in rounds of mental sword play, please comment!

BTW: My next eBook is very much in line with this kind of devil's advocacy, both in intent as well marketing and production. I'd like to therefore, share it:

MY STRUGGLE (new Philosophical Treatise - eBook Im writing) http://www.vesperhel...per-heliotropic

post-10495-0-21418300-1318973430_thumb.j

Edited by Neal Cormier