Objectivism Online Forum

Have you ever driven Korean car?

Rate this topic

crazybear

I'm going to buy a new car and my friend recommended one named KIA "soul" . Now i'm searching for information about Korea's brand car. is there anyone who has one? I'd like to share information with you all.

Hyundai-Kia Sell Over 100,000 Cars Per Month in the U.S.

The Hyundai-Kia Automotive Group saw peak sales of 105,065 cars in the U.S. market last month to cap five straight months where sales had exceeded the 100,000 benchmark. Its July sales figure in the U.S. marked an on-year rise of 17 percent.

For its part, Hyundai Motor America sold 59,561 vehicles in July to mark a 10-percent increase in annualized terms prompted by brisk sales of the Sonata midsize sedan (2,884) and the Elantra compact car (15,181), it said Tuesday. The Santa Fe SUV was another hot seller with 8,119 units snapped up.

Kia sold 45,504 vehicles in the same month to rack up a 29 percent jump from 2010, Kia Motor America said. The Sorento SUV posted record monthly sales of 13,262 units, while the Soul compact continued to sell more than 10,000 units for the fifth consecutive month, and the midsize sedan Optima sold 6,772 units.

Hyundai-Kia's U.S. market share was 9.9 percent, the same as in June. It sold a total of 672,966 vehicles in the U.S. from January to July, up 31 percent from a year earlier. Sales increased 23 percent to 382,358 units for Hyundai and 41 percent to 290,608 for Kia.

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/...080400523.html

they seem like to be quite popular in U.S

I have a Hyundai Elantra, and I really like it. It's very dependable, maintenance doesn't tend to cost very much, and it gets fairly great gas mileage (I get 33-35 mpg when driving long distances on the highway, which is quite nice). It's pretty spacious, too, even though it's a compact car. Mine is an '05, so not sure if they made a lot of differences since then. I would probably buy another one if my current car dies eventually :) Oh, I got it at 49k miles, used, about 2 and a half years ago, and it was still under warranty until 60k miles which I thought was pretty nice for a used car. I think the powertrain is 100k miles/10 years, so I'll hit that level pretty soon with how much driving I do.

We own Hondas, but on our last vacation we rented a Hyundai Sonata for a week, and were surprised at how quiet it was inside when driving on the highway. It wasn't a luxury model either. Obviously I can't comment on the dependability, except to say that I put over 500 miles on it driving around New Mexico, without any issue.

Kia and Hyundai have made serious inroads in the extremely competitive motor market in South Africa, reducing the Japanese and European car sales. The Koreans are coming!

Quality products, made to high standards.

The Hyundai Santa Fe was on show at a mall I visited today, and looks excellent. Its fore-runner, the Tucson SUV is owned by a friend who raves about it.

Kia Soul is cute, and I see quite a number around. (Hmm, Soul - Seoul, I never thought of that.)

My current and previous vehicles are both Hyundai/Kia. I currently drive a 2007 Kia Rondo and it is great. I got the EX V6 and it's extremely comfortable, roomy and the engine is very responsive for a family car. I had one issue that was covered by warranty and handled perfectly by my dealership. I will probably buy a new car next year and am virtually certain I will move up to the Kia Sorento or Hyundai Santa Fe.

My previous car was a 2003 Hyundai Accent GSi. It was a great little car, bulletproof with regards to reliability and was fun and affordable.

I think Hyundai/Kia offer great value and are worthy of consideration. My father-in-law and brother-in-law both bought Hyundai Santa Fe's in the last two years and my folks bought a Kia Sorento a month ago, partly based on our experiences. These folks were all loyal Detroit Three drivers up until then.