Objectivism Online Forum

Sluggy Bear Intro

Rate this topic

Hi, I’m Sluggy Bear.

I’m forty-six years of age and I first read Ayn Rand’s, “Atlas Shrugged” back in the 1990s, at the age of thirty-one. I was hooked instantly. It was, by far and away, the single most powerful piece of reading material I have ever read in my life up to that time and I haven’t found anything that has come close to it since. Happily, a great many things in that book resonate with me and I am so glad that I found it and have adapted so much of that philosophy into my own life. It works. And I like things that work. I carry a copy of the book around with me and write notations in it and highlight the best parts for reading over and over again; incredibly inspiring. It is my favorite book. I also love Rose Wilder Lane’s, “The Discovery of Freedom”.

I came to this forum to meet and converse with some like-minded individuals.

I love: philosophy; the great outdoors; survivalism; guns; girls; guitars and guitar picking; music theory; travel; combat science; reading (Sometimes. Other times it just gives me a headache and makes me tired and confused); writing songs and just plain writing in general and a myriad of other things. It’s a pretty good-sized world out there and a lot of things are going on in it – there’s a lot to love.

My sense of life is like a wild, free, abundantly healthy and fit tan-skinned woman with long, wavy black hair and black eyes. I love to work and to make lots of money (though I never really have made lots of money – it doesn’t take away from the fact that I’d really like to). I’m hot tempered, mean and violent at times, but that’s just for fun. I’m an excellent Overseer/Manager, so give me a call if you have a crew that needs to be run with extreme efficiency. I hate nonsense unless it’s being done on-purpose for the sake of fun and games and only if it is the right time and place for it. I hate most people in general and would like to spit on them, kick them in the ass and send them on their way; unfortunately, society does not deem that acceptable behavior however and I am forced to suffer some fools and some mess every now and again. I like to keep fit so that I can easily open up a can of whoop-ass at a moment’s notice whenever I bloody well feel like it. I’m a little raunchy and abrasive at times, yes, but that’s OK, ‘cos so are you; so long as we get the job done – is all that counts. I like to grow things. I love cayenne pepper and spicy, hot, hot, hot foods. I love Botanical Materia Medica; a fascinating subject and another one of those things that actually works. I am a loner at times. I like to think and to contemplate.

Well, I think that’s enough for now. Gotta run. Nice to meet all of you!

Sincerely,

Sluggy Bear

Welcome to the forum.

I hate most people in general and would like to spit on them, kick them in the ass and send them on their way; unfortunately, society does not deem that acceptable behavior however and I am forced to suffer some fools and some mess every now and again

Objectivism really would frown on all that too.

I like to keep fit so that I can easily open up a can of whoop-ass at a moment’s notice whenever I bloody well feel like it.

Yea, that too. What brought you to this forum?

I hate nonsense unless it’s being done on-purpose for the sake of fun and games and only if it is the right time and place for it. I hate most people in general and would like to spit on them, kick them in the ass and send them on their way; unfortunately, society does not deem that acceptable behavior however and I am forced to suffer some fools and some mess every now and again. I like to keep fit so that I can easily open up a can of whoop-ass at a moment’s notice whenever I bloody well feel like it.

Sounds like you need new friends!

Seriously, though, sounds like the sentiment of someone who has to deal with lazy people regularly. But, I don't want to spit on them, because I don't want them to spit on me. That said, I understand that eventually they will self-combust, and that's good enough.

Welcome to the forum.

Objectivism really would frown on all that too.

Yea, that too. What brought you to this forum?

I am not an Objectivist. I don't like that word and I don't apply it to myself.

Gotta have my physical fitness and my can of whoop-ass at all times. I am a man of thinking and action. Fat/weak-bodies can't make the cut. I go where no fat-boy can follow.

Sounds like you need new friends!

Seriously, though, sounds like the sentiment of someone who has to deal with lazy people regularly. But, I don't want to spit on them, because I don't want them to spit on me. That said, I understand that eventually they will self-combust, and that's good enough.

Yes, you are right. I live in the Third World of Las Vegas, where it is very rare to find an ambitious person who wants to do a good job, corruption is rampant and the communistic Mestizo invasion is going full tilt. I had to fire another woman this week and take over the dining room.

Yes, they, the entire country, for that matter, will eventually self-combust. We're set to pop and could go anytime now.

You are very observant.

---

My take is rather cold and objective as I am not an American citizen or resident. I reside in the other end of the Americas and am a citizen of certain European country. But here you go,

What you call invasion is actually a normal phenomenon. When a population dwindles and decays, another takes its place and such is the case of the many immigrants.

I am assuming (strictly by your demeanor and avatar picture) that by "communistic Mestizo" you mean Mexican regardless of ethnicity or ideology.

Mexicans (along with Canadians which don't count in this discussion) are the only ones who have the special distinction of being a mixture of two complicated groups in American dynamics; immigrants and native americans.

It is so itchy a subject because the existence of the Mexican identity (a mixture of indeed immigrant conquistadores and Catholiced-by-force native american population) cancels out the existence of the American Nation identity, and vice versa. this is long and fresh ground for many misunderstandings.

All immigrants except Mexicans have to either sail or fly into a new continent, the New World. Certain magical aura comes with it. And yet Mexico is the most powerful country of Hispanic America with interesting projected growth.

I could go on until you are inevitably banned, but do you really wanna continue this conversation

Edited by volco

Sure, I could tell you lots about it.

But I am not the least bit interested in trying to satisfy your curiosity. You can do that all by yourself. You seem to have your mind all made up anyway. Enjoy.

If you have any sincere and specific questions however and if I find them interesting enough, I might be inclined to answer them.

I'm quiet sincere in my curiosity as to why you call - I'm still assuming- Mexicans Communistic, and I'm also very honestly interested as to why you find their mixed ethnicity relevant. For all we know, biologically, mixed genes means hybrid vigor, but that doesn't seem what you implied. I haven't met too many Mexicans but indeed many mestizos, and I believe it is their 400 year old Catholic indoctrination, not their genes, that make them "less entrepreneurial" than say, Europeans or Asians. But indeed I have not made up my mind about what role genetics and therefore ethnicity plays in personal outcome.

"Catholiced-by-force native american population"

Actually, "forced" Catholicism doesn't take. The apparition of Our Lady of Guadalupe is generally given the credit for why so many natives converted.

" I believe it is their 400 year old Catholic indoctrination, not their genes, that make them "less entrepreneurial" than say, Europeans or Asians".

Eh? All of Europe was Catholic for far longer than Mexico -- didn't seem to slow them down.

yeah but Europe experienced the Reformation. Even countries where the Counter Reformation was fully successful (like France and Italy) in driving the reformers to the stake, the mountains or the New World, the ideas of the Papal FALIBILITY and personal salvation took hold.

Notice that Spain and Portugal were the only Western European lands not to experience even the tinniest bit of counter-Catholicism and notice how both countries slacked up -?correct term?-, remained back warded into the 20th century.

By less entrepreneurial notice that I placed nice " " around it and of course I meant it collectively.

and no, the "apparition" of the "virgin" of Guadalupe only gave rise to a sinking cathedral and a pretty awful concrete structure to replace it. Why would Peruvians or Bolivians or specially Paraguayans would be equally if not a lot more religiously Catholic than the Mexicans then?

and yes, indeed forced conversion. What do you believe happened in Jesuit concentration camps (reducciones, or misiones) from California to what is now Brazil (but wasn't then).

what is that good old adage attributed to the Jesuits?...give me a child for the first five years of his life and.....