Objectivism Online Forum

New NPR article on Rand

Rate this topic

Another NPR article from today makes your point about the Republicans inconsistency:

http://www.npr.org/b...ion-inspiration

Yes, that's right: two largely positive NPR articles on Rand in the same day. Watch out for flying pigs.

Edited by brian0918

Yes very odd. Great find, it's odd though as we have one article saying this her philosophy is well-represented, and another saying conservatives just cherry pick whatever they want and contradict themselves all over the place. Well, which is it? Of course, if you're a left-liberal from NPR, I suppose you wouldn't care or really see that much of a difference. It's just odd that a difference is actually pointed out for once, although the second author didn't seem to grapple with it that much.

I heard NPR talk about 5 or 10 minutes on Rand this morning. I think they said it is part of a series on big ideas that are shaping or ideas today. They mentioned Hayek, Keynes and Rand, and then gave some details on Rand. They highlighted the fact that she was an atheist even though many conservatives. They also mentioned that her ideas have spread enough that people who "channel" her may not realize they're doing so. As an example, they mentioned the speaker of the house talking about businessmen going on strike.