Objectivism Online Forum

The American Civil Flag & Taking Back The Civil Powers

Rate this topic

Thor

What with all the wonderful things happening here in our western states these days and all the wonderful people helping to make that happen, i.e., taking back our lands from the federal government and their mismanagement; educating people to the powers of the sheriff and the fact it is in their power to tell the federals to pound sand instead of bowing to their every whim -- I should like to have a symbol of our taking back that which is rightfully ours and display it proudly and educate even more people...

My choice to suit my purposes is the long lost and forgotten American Civil Flag.

I am going to help bring it back today by placing my gorgeous new 3X5 ft. American Made Civil Flag on a wall in my cafe.

It will inspire a lot of people to ask questions and stimulate good conversation and help educate those willing to learn...

Not bad for starters...

Here are a couple of places you can get them and some literature you can read. I made sure mine was 100% American Made.

http://www.barefootsworld.net/uscivilflag.html

I got mine here...

http://www.uscivilflags.org/home.html

Girl Refuses To Pledge The War Flag

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsRxfJWu9LE

Yup, the arguments for and against the Civil Flag rage on...

Let them rage.

I'm flying my Civil Flag proudly. Let the naysayers be naysayers. Whatever turns your crank.

And out here in the west, our alliance is still kickin' booty. We're not just talking about Liberty -- we're doing something about it.

I don't understand the argument, Nathaniel. The website to which you linked argued that there are historical misconceptions regaring the civil flag. What are those misconceptions? That the US government once officially sanctioned a seperate flag for civilians, but in a show of power it discontinued such a flag? Is that it? The website wasn't clear.

It seems to me that the history isn't paramount. The flag appears to be a valid form of expression as long as people understand what it stands for right now.

Edited by FeatherFall
spelling

Thor, maybe you could better explain what you believe the flag's history to be and what it represents to you now?

My research on the flag's history is incomplete as of this writing. I won't comment on that.

What it represents to me, personally, is a deliverance from waving the battle flag and identifying with this current administration and many of the administrations that have come before it.

Furthermore, I think that the "free society" we allegedly now live in does not in fact exist. We need to create it. By adopting symbols and doing things relevant to the cause of Freedom, such a free society may come into reality. If we continue on the road we are now on however -- said free society will not in fact come into reality.

The thinking about Freedom is good. But thinking is not enough. We must do the doing.