Objectivism Online Forum

Thieves: Upcoming Cyberpunk film w/ Objectivist moral

Rate this topic

Jesse G. Barnes

Oh, nice. Thank you for listening =D

I'm a very busy guy so I don't get to visit this forum as much as I'd like, but that particular track was written by me. My personal favorites of the score are Detained (pt 1 and 2) as well as Welcome Back.

Our premier is almost just a month away! We can't wait to get this online afterward so EVERYONE can see it! Audio (all of it, both sound design and score) is an extremely important element in film to me, so I put a lot of extra care into making certain that what you hear is in strong harmony with the visuals. I'm certain you'll love seeing how Take the Key fits in.

• 2 weeks later...

Our accolades teaser entitled, "Parasite" is live! This is the first time the subtle nods to Objectivism are featured more prominently in a trailer for Thieves.

I'm not sure what the forum rules are regarding cussing in embedded media, but I'm also not sure how to make this just a plain url instead of a video. Maybe a mod could do that if necessary?

[media=]

In other news, Thieves will be playing at the upcoming Reel Michigan Film Festival on June 23rd. This is NOT considered our premier, but it will be the first public display of Thieves before our premier on July 3rd at the Main Art Theatre in Royal Oak, Michigan.

• 1 month later...

Last night at the Mitten Movie Project, Thieves came away with 71% of the audience vote, that's 57 total votes. In second place was 7 votes. We won by a whole 50 votes! Needless to say, the rest of the night was filled with merry making and drunkenness.

The full short is now available below (and on our Youtube channel) and I hope to encourage some discussion on the subtle objectivism found in the film.

Thank you for the compliments. And that's exactly what I was going for -- it was certainly meant as an excerpt from a much bigger story.

To be quite frank, I can't stand obvious philosophical and moral slants. I personally prefer ambiguity and nods in films. The films I enjoy most are ones that give me just enough information and no more so that I can put together the sum of the parts on my own. Perhaps this is the reason you didn't get much out of the dialogue?

Thanks for watching, either way! :)

• 2 weeks later...

CyberpunkReview, One of the biggest and most popular cyberpunk review sites in the world just reviewed Thieves and gave it an 8 / 10, stating, "Thieves is set to garner even bigger accolades (like ours), and possibly become the next Blade Runner, or at least The Matrix."

www.cyberpunkreview.com/movie/thieves/

Edited by Jesse G. Barnes

• 2 months later...