Objectivism Online Forum

Who are the Objectivist professors?

Rate this topic

hernan

Here's a short list of scholars who have done work on Rand or in Objectivism (I tried to limit the list to professors who are generally sympathetic as per the topic) I was able to come up with just from a brief search:

Leonard Peikoff, Lester H. Hunt, David Kelley, William R. Thomas, Alan Gotthelf, Tara Smith, Doug Den Uyl, Doug Rasmussen, Tibor Machan, Robert L. Campbell, Kristi Minsaas, Bryan Register, Murray Franck, Fred Seddon, Robert, Hartford, James Montmarquet, Kathleen Touchstone, James G. Lennox, George Walsh, John McCaskey, Eric Mack, Neera Badhwar, Roderick Long, Edward Younkins, Steven Hicks, Adam Mossoff, Fred D. Miller, Darryl Wright, Chris Sciabarra, Irfan Khawaja, Anthony Flew, Greg Salmieri, Onkar Ghate, Harry Binswanger, David Harriman, Eric Daniels, Gary Hull, Robert Mayhew, John Ridpath, John Lewis, Ben Bayer, Andrew Bernstein

Also might interest you to check out:

The Ayn Rand Society

The Journal of Ayn Rand Studies

Ayn Rand Scholar

Reason Papers

Secondary Literature (Stanford Encyclopedia)

A Guide to Rand Scholarship

Here's a short list of scholars who have done work on Rand or in Objectivism (I tried to limit the list to professors who are generally sympathetic as per the topic) I was able to come up with just from a brief search:

Leonard Peikoff, Lester H. Hunt, David Kelley, William R. Thomas, Alan Gotthelf, Tara Smith, Doug Den Uyl, Doug Rasmussen, Tibor Machan, Robert L. Campbell, Kristi Minsaas, Bryan Register, Murray Franck, Fred Seddon, Robert, Hartford, James Montmarquet, Kathleen Touchstone, James G. Lennox, George Walsh, John McCaskey, Eric Mack, Neera Badhwar, Roderick Long, Edward Younkins, Steven Hicks, Adam Mossoff, Fred D. Miller, Darryl Wright, Chris Sciabarra, Irfan Khawaja, Anthony Flew, Greg Salmieri, Onkar Ghate, Harry Binswanger, David Harriman, Eric Daniels, Gary Hull, Robert Mayhew, John Ridpath, John Lewis, Ben Bayer, Andrew Bernstein

Thank you! (I hope you didn't type all that in by hand!)

Excellent!

That list is more directed toward professors in philosophy, and is not a complete list of Objectivist professors. Here are some others I'm aware of:

Travis Norsen (physics, philosophy of science)

David Odden (linguistics)

John Opfer (conceptualization and cognition)

Edited by brian0918