Objectivism Online Forum

RationalBeing's Introduction. Hello.

Rate this topic

Hello all. I'm an fairly objectivist type business man living in Austin Texas. I run my own corporation which does a variety of things, namely webdesign and programming. I am also writing my first novel involving politics, economics, statism and individualism.

I am not a true Objectivist (big O) however I find Rand's work uplifting and it brings me joy. Unfortunately I find the tone of most of most of her work negative, but then again, its difficult to criticize her for this - based on the time period of then (and now).

I'm eager to enjoy some active philosophical discussions on this board, hopefully mostly positive ones :blink: My AIM name is also RationalBeing so if anyone would like to chat privately, please feel free to do so.

I should also mention that as well as Ayn Rand, I'm also a big big fan of the late Murray Rothbard, so if any of you know his work, you know where I stand both economically and politically.

Lets see, in closing, I also enjoy mountain biking and I am also learning to play the piano. :D

I'll now get right into it. Hope to see you guys on the boards!

• 4 weeks later...

As you’ve probably read on the front page, our web host disappeared without a trace along with all my files and databases. I’ve heard that my data is not gone and may be yet be restored. Meanwhile, I’ve transferred what I had backed up to a new host and restored the last database backup I made of the OO forum -- from November 16. I don’t have recent backups of any other sites (sorry Ash, Steve) but I’m working on getting them back. I’m not sure whether making the forum live now is a good idea – if I get my databases back, I will overwrite it (making an attempt to copy new threads to it.)

On the bright side, my current webhost (1&1) claims to be the top web host on the net, which (I hope) means that it will not disappear without a trace or a warning like my last one.

Regarding email accounts: while the DNS is in flux, I set all email account to point to me. As soon as the DNS clears, I can set up new email accounts on the new web host. If you provide me with an alternate email address, I can point it to that in the interum, but the DNS should clear within the day.

I?m not sure whether making the forum live now is a good idea ? if I get my databases back, I will overwrite it (making an attempt to copy new threads to it.)

I would say that a temporary forum is better than no forum--so I'm glad you decided to put it live now. :blink:

I?m not sure whether making the forum live now is a good idea ? if I get my databases back, I will overwrite it (making an attempt to copy new threads to it.)

I would say that a temporary forum is better than no forum--so I'm glad you decided to put it live now. :blink: