Objectivism Online Forum

Cold fusion 23 years later

Rate this topic

Some of you are probably not too young to remember what happened nearly 23 years ago, on March 23, 1989. It was a dramatic announcement of the discovery of the so called Cold Fusion. Some people think that this was the greatest fiasco of the last century; others believe that this discovery was an important step toward future technology of pollution-free nuclear energy. The link to my free online book about Cold Fusion is:

http://ludkow.info/cf/403memoir.html

Please forward this post to those who might be interested. Thank you in advance. It is my third book written after the retirement.

Ludwik Kowalski (see Wikipedia)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Ludwik,

I'm looking for a mentor to guide me along in physics. I went through 1st volume of Feynman about 10 years ago, and half of the 2nd volume of Feynman last year.

My main motivation are non-orthodox theories that I want to check. People like Towsend, Tesla, Laithwaite, Podkletnov, Hutshinson, Randell Mills (hydrinos), and finally E-Cat guy. Any of related inventions would be so exciting that I want to spend a lot of time tinkering and testing this stuff. I realize that I need to gain a inordinate amount of background knowledge to be able to orient myself in all these theories. I guess, my question to you is, how can I make it as accessible and fun as tinkering with computers is (programming etc). Is it possible ? Is there an incremental method that I can go on to one day find myself in a midst of a community of like minded? Can we create something like open-source physics ?

Thanks,

Boris

I started reading your online book, and had an idea that I had to immediately share before I forget. It is about freedom of speech in science. There is a project called FreeNet: https://freenetproject.org/ . The idea is to have a purely anonymous medium of publishing, that can't be linked to the individual technically. Maybe you and your colleagues can publish their work on this system. There is a similar one called I2P that works an on a different principle, but it is the same idea.