Objectivism Online Forum

nerve damage

Rate this topic

hello

i have some type of unexplainable nerve damage in my entire body. doing everything from holding objects, walking, talking, and eating is incrediably painful

although i was diagnosed with nerve damage in my vocal chord, doctors have been unable to explain the rest of my body

i was thinking of joining a support group but im not sure which one, i dont even know what i have.

a lot of support groups tell you to have faith in god

many other groups tell you to heal by doing good deeds for others

during my painful paralysis i read atlas shrugged and decided i'd like this to be my support group

when i walk and it hurts, i think of john galt naked being electrocuted but never compromising, never give up, never surrender. although i can't feel comfortable in my body like john galt, he is my inspiration to use my arms. to type this. to withstand the pain and achieve greatness

I'm sorry to hear about your condition. Has nothing come up on internet searches either? I hope you will keep looking since sometimes people need to go to lots of doctors and do lots of searches, but eventually they do get the right diagnosis. I'm glad to hear you've found Atlas Shrugged to be inspirational and you would certainly be welcome here if you wish to participate. :) We do have some other members around here with long term medical conditions they are dealing with too, though we've never had any kind of specific support groups for such things. If you need a more formal support group though perhaps somebody here will know of a good non-religious, non-altruistic focused group.

well i have gi and throat symtoms in addition to arm/spine pain,

-internist

-2 gastros

-3rd gastro at colombia specialized in celiac disease (which i have but does not explain this)

-neurologist

-rheumatologist

-natruopath diet guy

-pain doctor who gave me topamax which i didn't like

-2 ENTs

i'm seeing a new neurologist soon and have more tests to do so hope is not lost yet

What I meant by what sort is if you went to some in-state doctors, or if you went for something like contacting neurologists are other people at well-known hospitals or universities. I'm sure a medical mystery like this is very stressful, but from what I know of doctors in general, there must be someone out there working on research at least indirectly related to your condition.

hello

during my painful paralysis i read atlas shrugged and decided i'd like this to be my support group

when i walk and it hurts, i think of john galt naked being electrocuted but never compromising, never give up, never surrender. although i can't feel comfortable in my body like john galt, he is my inspiration to use my arms. to type this. to withstand the pain and achieve greatness

Hi, and welcome!

With your - what Ayn Rand called - "sense of life", you are an inspiration to me, as well.

I wish you all the best.

well i have gi and throat symtoms in addition to arm/spine pain,

Have you read Wheat Belly by Dr. Davis?

It's possible your problems are related to diet. I advise reading this book and then giving up wheat and all wheat products for at least a month to see if any of your symptoms improve.

JMeganSnow, i've been gluten free for a couple of months. i only eat organic vegs, fruit, chicken, and fish with no sauce or man-made product (edit: except prunes)

whynot, thanks man

sirius1, my plan is to take each possible disease and set it up as a hypothesis. ask myself what would prove beyond a doubt that it is not that. for example MRI of brain disproved multiple sclerosis. I can post my list in a couple days, I want to get a couple more tests I have coming up this week to knock the potentials down a lot.

Edited by expertpanda

JMeganSnow, i've been gluten free for a couple of months. i only eat organic vegs, fruit, chicken, and fish with no sauce or man-made product (edit: except prunes)

whynot, thanks man

sirius1, my plan is to take each possible disease and set it up as a hypothesis. ask myself what would prove beyond a doubt that it is not that. for example MRI of brain disproved multiple sclerosis. I can post my list in a couple days, I want to get a couple more tests I have coming up this week to knock the potentials down a lot.

lol. a couple of months. your nervous system is chronically inflamed from years of gorging on O-6's, now you want results now now now. lol.

have your brain extracted, placed in a jar, and hooked up to a virtual reality to set your mind free.

when i didn't know i had celiac i still ate healthy

also the celiac center at colombia says it's not celiac that's doing this to me because my anti-bodies are negative now from the new diet yet symtoms are getting worse

am I impatient? yes.

but this has been going on for 6-7 months now

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...