Objectivism Online Forum

"Unfair to be white" campaign begins

Rate this topic

Craig24

• 1 month later...

Back in June when I first saw the video, I felt compelled to voice my displeasure directly to the University of Minnesota:

to: [email protected]

date: Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 3:22 PM

subject: Unfair Campaign

Repugnant video. You make the asumption that hard work, intelligence, self-discipline and determination play no part in anyone's success, white or otherwise. Instead, you proffer the idea that society as a whole is the "distributer" of rewards, and then only distributes these rewards based on nothing but skin color (undoubtedly the enlightened staff and students of your university are the exception).

It may be a shock to you, but there are those of us out here who judge a person based on their character and the content of their mind, and who do NOT feel guilty about whatever rewards we've earned for ourselves -- rewards gotten from the attributes I mentioned above, and from nowhere else.

You must learn to see each person as an Individual. You, my dear freinds, are less color-blind than you accuse society of being. Open your own eyes before you preach to me about how closed you think mine are.

Sincerely (and not without a foul aftertaste from your video)....

The next day the Office of the Chancellor blogged about the PSA, and ended up agreeing with the premise, but not the "creative strategy" of it: http://blog.lib.umn.edu/chan/umdnews/2012/06/unfair-campaign-1.html

• 3 weeks later...

It's a bunch of pathetic white liberals trying to make themselves look good by showing off how "not racist" they are. The same people would have joined the KKK if they had lived in a time and place where participating in racism generated a favorable social reaction.

Edited by happiness

• 4 weeks later...