Objectivism Online Forum

Rate this topic

Wotan

I can’t edit it now. I have no idea what I did but that is what I get for ending lunch with a quick click of the Post bottom. I have a love/hate relationship with my computer.

Healthcare: I think McCain would have been bad but would not have forced me to buy a product from a Government protected cartel against my will.

Foreign Policy: As the elected official Obama needs to be held accountable for lying about his campaign promises to reverse the Bush policies instead of rubberstamping it then expanding it. Same thing with the so called “war On Drugs” and other things he 180’d on. At this point I cannot say that either Bush or McCain would have invaded Libya I might add. Finally, Obama has abandoned Israel in the principles department and that is one of the few things I think McCain would have gotten right.

Abortion: I agree but disagree. I’ll take the Republican (as sad as that sounds) because he is still better on this issue. Why? Because I’d rather fire the guy who wants the Government to control ALL medical procedures then worry about the guy who wants the government to control several of medical procedures. Saving several medical procedures is easier then saving all medical procedures one issue at a time.

Taxes: Likely he would cut taxes and run the deficit but I can’t claim to know that for sure.

Energy: Between banning our companies from drilling in the Gulf while supporting loans to South America so they could off-shore drill, combined with laughable cronyism like Solyndra and the progressive love affair with dumb-downed agrarian communism politely called environmentalism today, I would think this is no contest.

Satan: He wears a blue dress.

Look, this election is not about some hatred of Obama; to me it is simply a case of Nixon versus McGovern all over again.

This misquote is taking advantage of Obama's bad grammar in a sentence, while he was referring to quite clearly that things like roads were not built by the business who use them. To take any other viewpoint is to distort what Obama said, or to let your dislike for Obama turn into a bias to interpret everything Obama said as a great evil. I don't like how Obama worded his idea, but it's not really any different than a social contract belief that I'm sure Republicans agree with. Plus, it is true that if you run a pizzeria, you didn't built roads, so I'd even say "you didn't build that [the road], so you should pay for using the road". You pay for what you don't earn yourself.

I'll have to disagree. While the bobble heads on Talk Radio took it somewhat out of context I think the greater context is a glimpse into Obama's overall mindset of egalitarian thinking. It was one of the things that really made me rethink my voting actually since egalitarianism is one of the worse intellectual/political abortions in my hierarchy of values. Or would that be vices since it is on the low end? That might make a fascinating thread sometime.

Edited by Spiral Architect