Most despicable people in the United States today

Rate this topic

Zoso

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, everyone just give a list of who you think are the most despicable people (preferably people in the public spotlight) in the United States today.

Here's my list, in no particular order:

-Al Franken

I will always reserve a certain fondness for Al Franken, in that he alerted me to the existence of Bill O'Reilly's novel Those Who Trespass - The Plan Nine from Outer Space of literary fiction.

My own 'swine list' is headed by Fred Phelps. The fact that his 'church' consists almost entirely of brainwashed family members does not make him one iota less despicable, the communicable disease that is Phelps' peculiar mentality should not be transferred to anyone.

From the world of entertainment - and I use the term loosely - I'll throw in Toby Keith, for the crime of riding the flag all the way to the bank without any acompanying musical talent to mitigate the offense.

Edited by Three Day Drunk

Deepak Chopra

The master of deception himself.  A wanna-be savior with an itch for swindling, and a pro at manipulation.  He tells people not to be materialistic from his 2.1 million dollar house.  I heard him on a late night radio show describe how great things are in Cuba because people socialize more.  He's written over 70 books which tells me words come cheap for him.

He also is a medical doctor and writes health books while being a chain-smoker.

But I wonder what this topic is good for. Yeah, you can let off some steam, but what's the value behind that? Just mind your own business.

I mean, all this ranting and raving is pointless. Be honest. It is.

• 2 weeks later...
She has revived the anti-war movement...like it or not, she's a pretty darn influential person right now.

Influential my ***.

People don't like a woman who associates with breast toting anti war protesters, who constantly spews out anti-american propaganda, expresses support for the murderers in Iraq and deliberately breaks the law and laughs when arrested. Lefties will suffer big time because of their association with Sheehan.

Frankly I think she's mad.

Edited by tommyedison

My point actually was that, 'important' or not she is not significant to my life - or the life of anyone who does not wish to travel through the sewers of current retarded politics.

I keep up on my news and politics, but the updates on dispicable people are so absurdly stupid that I don't let it bother me. I have my own, long-term plans for affecting change. Until events compel me to grab my AK and actively rebel (something I don't rule out, but consider rather unlikely,) all of the mishmash coming out of the political sector is 'unimportant.'

I think some perspective needs to be kept, here. There will also be dispicable people that the media spotlights on - it is part of their function, the way they are currently set up.

Edited by Pancho Villa

Influential my ***.

People don't like a woman who associates with breast toting anti war protesters, who constantly spews out anti-american propaganda, expresses support for the murderers in Iraq and deliberately breaks the law and laughs when arrested. Lefties will suffer big time because of their association with Sheehan.

Frankly I think she's mad.

She's certainly crazy and the left will certainly suffer because of her, but that doesn't make her any less despicable.

You forgot:

-Mel Gibson

-D. James Kennedy

-Fred Phelps

-Ashlee and Jessica Simpson (for representing everything that is wrong in popular music today)

-Ingrid Newkirk

I don't know, man, I love Mel Gibson. I mean, even the Passion of the Christ. He made a movie about "God" which in spite of all the sabre-rattling didn't lead a single person to the Christian church nor did it effect anybody's belief system in any way. I think that at the end of the day he fleeced the church out of billions that they were going to squander on a bunch of ne'er-do-wells and he put it in his own pocket (in fact, with the exception of possible tax-break stuff I don't think he gave a single red cent of it to any charity of any kind, but I could be wrong). The only thing that pisses me off about the Passion of the Christ is that I didn't think of it first...

Why are you giving importance to people of no great importance?

Gee, Pancho - don't you know that when it comes to the sick and twisted world of contemporary pop culture and Leftist politics (i.e. when it comes to nihilism) "less is more"? In other words, the more insignificant and utterly pathetic you are, the greater the level of importance that is attached to you. On that basis, our dear Ms Cindy is a very important person!

Gee, Pancho - don't you know that when it comes to the sick and twisted world of contemporary pop culture and Leftist politics (i.e. when it comes to nihilism) "less is more"? In other words, the more insignificant and utterly pathetic you are, the greater the level of importance that is attached to you. On that basis, our dear Ms Cindy is a very important person!

Of course. But since I'm not a leftist shitbag, she isn't important to me at all.

I consider keeping up with politics and current events something like watching bacteria under a microscope. The bacteria is of no significance; its how I can learn to cure the disease that is.

Edit: To that end, I really think its rather indicative of a lack of perspective to keep a "shit list" of people around. They aren't worth considering a moment beyond sheer necessity anyway; why actively engage in thought about them when you do not have to?

My brain is a valuable tool, my time an inestimable worth to me. Why use such a beautiful thing on Cindy Sheehan, of all people?

Edited by Pancho Villa

The thought of her running around braless is disturbing.

If you think that is disturbing, wait until you see the pics from the Janet Reno photo shoot for the upcoming Victoria's Secret catalog. The company that owns Victoria's Secret is trying to broaden its market base and appeal to new demographics. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Madonna.

She has a new documentary called "I'm Going To Tell You a Secret" and she's out promoting it. I think these quotes qualify her for our list.

In the film she warns people that they "are going to go to hell, if they don't turn from their wicked behavior."

She also explains the meaning of the New Testament term "The Beast."

"I refer to an entity called 'The Beast,' she says. "I feel I am describing the world that we live in right now. To me 'The Beast' is the modern world that we live in."

Madonna sees the material world as a "world of illusion, that we think is real." "We live for it, we're enslaved by it. And it will ultimately be our undoing."

I hope it's her "undoing" sooner rather than later.

• 4 weeks later...

I found this entry on David Horowitz's website blog, and it is just one more reason why I despise Bill Clinton:

Your country is at war. It is fighting to defend a democracy in the heartland of Islamic terror. You are a former president and you are speaking in Dubai in the Arab Muslim Middle East, the war zone where young American men and women are dying in battles for freedom.

But instead of words of praise for their heroism and gratitude for their sacrifice, you tell them the war they are fighting is a mistake. It is a mistake for them to be risking their lives in the service of their country. It is a mistake for them to be fighting for Iraqis' freedom. It is a mistake for them to be defending innocent people against terrorists who behead the innocent, who declare democracy to be evil and who have sworn to kill every Iraqi citizen who has had the audacity to vote.

You insinuate that their commander-in-chief is a liar who tricked them into this war that their cause is unjust. With these words, you have plunged a knife into the backs of the brave men and women who are defending your country. You have betrayed them and the Iraqi people. You have betrayed the cause of freedom and with it your country's soul. Your name is Bill Clinton and you are a national disgrace.

Did the quoted text imply that Clinton ought not to have free speech? The author is saying that Clinton is doing something immoral, not something illegal.

He did not point out why Clinton thought the war was wrong, and why his stance is wrong. He gave a one sided argument and seemed to be insinuating that the act of questioning the war and the government was wrong.