Objectivism Online Forum

Most despicable people in the United States today

Rate this topic

Zoso

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clinton is an incredible hypocrite and a fantastic liar. Frankly, I couldn't care less about his opinion(s) on any issue of importance - including the war in Iraq. I agree with Horowitz, the man is a disgrace.

I agree, by no means am I a fan of Clinton or the Democrats. I don’t think questioning the war makes him despicable though. There are plenty of other good reasons to dislike Clinton.

I have noticed that most people here are focused mostly on the left, is Bush, Cheney and the right any less despicable?

'Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?'

- George Bush

What do you mean by a "one sided argument"?

Here he shows Clinton is questioning the war:

“ Instead of words of praise for their heroism and gratitude for their sacrifice, you tell them the war they are fighting is a mistake.”

Here he list the positive things resulting from the war:

“It is a mistake for them to be risking their lives in the service of their country. It is a mistake for them to be fighting for Iraqis' freedom. It is a mistake for them to be defending innocent people against terrorists who behead the innocent, who declare democracy to be evil and who have sworn to kill every Iraqi citizen who has had the audacity to vote.”

But why is Clinton questioning the war? He does not say. Only thing he portrays is that the war is a positive thing and that Clinton is wrong for questioning it; hence, a one sided argument.

He did not point out why Clinton thought the war was wrong, and why his stance is wrong. He gave a one sided argument and seemed to be insinuating that the act of questioning the war and the government was wrong.

If you went around questioning the war, it would be one thing. But former Presidents have to show more discretion. Worse, for him to do it in a foreign, Arab land it's just disgraceful.

If George Washington were alive today, I'm sure he'd have plenty of non-complimentary things to say about American military policy over the last 100 years. I'm not sure why having once been commander-in-chief should prevent you from critizising the policies of those who come after you. The Iraq war has been an unmitigated disaster, so its not like Clinton is saying anything particularly controversial or incorrect (although having said that, Clinton doesnt exactly have the moral authority to criticise anyone elses dubious wars after his involvement in Sudan).

On a sidenote, whats wrong with Dubai? I dont claim to know that much about it, but while it obviously isnt a capitalist paradise, it doubt that deserves to be grouped alongside Saudi Arabia and Iran. It seems like a relatively westernized country, and not one which has a history of terrorist involvement.

Edited by Hal

• 1 month later...

I really dislike John Kasich ( from "Heartland" on Fox. A while back a woman was on his show condeming the Republican party for its lack of integrity to its own principles. She wrote a book on the topic. All John said was "well, consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds," and she said "yeah, thats true." It makes me wonder why she wrote the book at all.