Objectivism Online Forum

GoodReads / Rotten Tomatoes / Library Thing / Spotify

Rate this topic

GoodReads / Rotten Tomatoes / Library Thing / Spotify are all web-sites that allow people to share values: books, movies, music. Even without any concept of "friends" or social networking, some of these sites are able to make pretty good recommendations, simply by finding correlation between my choices and ratings and those of other people.

For books, I liked Library Thing, but I just tried Good Reads and I prefer it. It has an iPhone app, which is something I could not find for Library Thing. It's suggestions/recommendations are grouped in genres, allowing one to focus. It also has a few other smaller features that make it more usable. Does anyone here have any preferences about which such "sharing values" sites are the best, or at least the "best in category"?

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder, is there a website that makes personalized website suggestions? I thought of this because I like the GoodReads site now but don't think I would have ever found it without reading this thread. There is StumbleUpon but that is somewhat random and more like Pandora. What I'm thinking is just like GoodReads or Netflix where you would rate the website then it would give you recommendations based on that.