Objectivism Online Forum

A Superstorm conspiracy theory

Rate this topic

Craig24

As hurricane Sandy gets ready to pound the northeast, I thought I'd share the most absurd theory I've heard in some time. Hurricane Sandy created for election

HAARP created this storm (Sandy) and the one behind it off the coast of Venezualia to head this way next week. Both to the northeast corridors of NY. Martial law will be implemented as the storms pass though, and the election will go forward, except with much smaller numbers of democratic voters....all by design folks. Google HAARP and Sandy and read up.

Some people cannot resist thinking that any disaster is being manufactured by some mysterious group of powerful people controlling everything from a remote location unknown to anyone. Get ready for the 911 truthers, Birthers, moon landing hoaxers, ect .. to eat this garbage up.

over time, I've concluded that conspiracy theories come mostly from a mix of epistemological and psychological alienation. Adherents see a human enemy, but they build that enemy into something larger than life (psychological alienation). They do not really understand how people think and how the world works (epistemological alienation from reality). Instead, they see some target -- "billionaires", "politicians", "muslims", whatever -- as being able to do things that just don't happen in real life.

Edited by softwareNerd