Objectivism Online Forum

Ask for Olympic Symbol Doughnuts. Jackie at Krispy Kreme Delivers!

Rate this topic

Darrell Cody

Fill it with something, keep the sprinkles away, and I'm satisfied.

Same here. I don't go to Krispykreme but I like the gooey red filling in the round ones, or the yellow custard in the long ones with the chocolate glaze on them.

Edited by moralist

Am I the only one who likes the Krispy Kreme bun ones with the chocolate icing and the vanilla cream?

ok now you are veering, you said donut, dont get my started on sticky bune,coffee rolls (chocolate-iced or non) zeppolis funnel cake..all the way to specific fudges oh ah ice creams brands and flavors and the specific times of year to enjoy said ice creams Edited by tadmjones

Featherfall, why do you think you can speak for 'everybody'?

I went and had Giant Eagle bakery donuts after my peridonst appointment. Bavarian, white icing, choclate icing ones I bought, they were fresh, better than DD's, and about a dollar less for half a dozen. I couldnt eat them when I first bought them, since its dangerous to eat after having several novacaine injections. But when I got up I had some. The peridontist gave me excellent customer service, I was able to get some deep cleaning touch ups because I was already numb from dental work, so it saved me another trip, and even more shots, though he to give me a shot in two places up top, the bottom didnt need it as it was alreadt done. He was very professional and impersonal and pleasant. The dentist asked me what I was reading, it was The Fountainhead for the second time, then he knew Rands books but havent read them, so we developed a rapport, but it didnt take away from the work. Time is important for them, as well as me. Which do I prefer, the impersonal. Im not in the mood to talk so early in the morning after having worked 10 hrs or so at the hospital and slept only an hour or so before I went there. Even if it was about Rand, I dont have great interpersonal skills, communications skills.

Ok, you got me; I overgeneralized - but only by a bit. I'm really not trying to pick on you, but I will try again to explain why I think your position is funny.

Your position is funny to me for the same reason the Soup Nazi is funny.

It's an overreaction to something that, in the grand scheme of things, isn't that big a deal. Also, that very overreaction isn't a big deal, because you are entitled to your preferences regarding customer service. If you were the boss, though, I don't see how your business would survive. Would you seriously go through a new screening, hiring and training process every time someone indulged a customer on a slow day? Turning the customer away is one thing, but firing the employee is something else entirely. How much time do you have?

ok now you are veering, you said donut, dont get my started on sticky bune,coffee rolls (chocolate-iced or non) zeppolis funnel cake..all the way to specific fudges oh ah ice creams brands and flavors and the specific times of year to enjoy said ice creams

I am clarifying this thread to anything in the way of things sold at Krispy Kreme and Dunkin Donuts and other fine donut retailers, including mom and pop stores. Chow time. What's your fave?

Edited by Darrell Cody

• 4 weeks later...

Last week I actualy was at a Dunkin Dounuts store. It was not busy, no one in line but me, but the girl who served me was as fast as if there was a line out the door. Thats customer service to me.

The cashier needs to use his/her judgment. It is easy to see if someone wants to get in and out or if they want attention. The guy in the video clearly wanted customer service and she rightfully gave him it. That is what a good employee does.