Objectivism Online Forum

2012 hottest year on record for continental US

Rate this topic

brian0918

Now that the most important 1.6% of the Earth's surface has had its hottest year in the last century, it's incontrovertible that (anthropogenic) climate (global) change (warming) is upon us.

And here's an obligatory cherry-picked emotional appeal:

515770620.jpg

(Just disregard the factoid about 2012 being only the 15th driest on record.)

Edited by brian0918

The comment thread on that washington post article is too entertaining to be legal.

I'm surprised they didn't show a photograph of an ice cube melting on asphalt. I heard that it totally melts like 10 seconds faster than it did a decade ago...

Edited by CptnChan

There is only one enduring characteristic about weather... it changes.

"BEIJING — China is experiencing unusual chills this winter with its national average temperature hitting the lowest in 28 years, and snow and ice have closed highways, canceled flights, stranded tourists and knocked out power in several provinces.

China Meteorological Administration on Friday said the national average was 25 degrees Fahrenheit since late November, the coldest in nearly three decades."

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder what the average temperature was during the centuries that the glaciers in North America melted.

The location of what is now New York City was covered by glaciers. There are even boulders from Elsewhere that the glaciers picked up found in Central Park.

ruveyn1