Objectivism Online Forum

National Treasure

Rate this topic

Zoso

Does anyone else love this movie as much as I do? I just saw it for the second time, and it was every bit as good as the first time I saw it. I don't know quite why I like it so much, but I know that part of it is because of how patriotic it is. I also love American history.

Does anyone else love this movie as much as I do?  I just saw it for the second time, and it was every bit as good as the first time I saw it.  I don't know quite why I like it so much, but I know that part of it is because of how patriotic it is.  I also love American history.

Not me. I did see it and thought it was "OK." I will probably watch it again when it comes out on television.

You might be interested to know that there is a book entitled Shadow of the Sentinel by Warren Getler and Bob Brewer which the movie appears to be based upon. This book is about the Knights of the Golden Circle. This was an organization that helped fomment the Civil War. Later, they hid massive treasure in various places in anticipation of financing another Civil War. Jesse James was a member and there is a connection to the Knights Templar.

I am only about 1/4 way through it right now but I recommend it for anyone who saw the movie and wants further information...."another clue."

• 1 month later...

I thought that the movie was poorly written. The "riddles" that Nicholas Cage solved throughout it were ridiculous, so much in fact that I laughed through the movie. The emphasis on the Freemasons was fairly ridiculous as well. Anyone who knows much about the masons would laugh out loud at some of the statements they made in the movie, as I did.

Altogether, I was disappointed I even spent $3.50 to watch it. I wanted my money back.

I can see how it would be a decent family movie though, but nothing more.

My $.02.

• 3 months later...

I loved it. I found it very entertaining, very similiar to Indiana Jones ( great movies). I thought the dialogue was great and i loved how the hero did not win using mindless action but he was very smart and would use his mind to get out of a sticky situation/ And i never would have imagined Nicholas cage would play such a good action character.

Edited by Rogue