Objectivism Online Forum

Proper Restrictions on Voting

Rate this topic

Dormin111

We are already (here in the U.S.) living through that. There is a good chance the system will come crashing down around our ears.

ruveyn1

This is why I consider Ayn Rand as having given good advice to keep a safe distance when people are getting exactly what they deserve, so that the system doesn't come crashing down around your ears.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is why I consider Ayn Rand as having given good advice to keep a safe distance when people are getting exactly what they deserve, so that the system doesn't come crashing down around your ears.

I would not be so harsh. Many people have been hoodwinked by what passes for education. It is not the victims fault (necessarily) if he was taken in by people who presented themselves as faithful teachers or leaders. If a person persists in something after he has been shown proper proof (empirical proof is best) then he has brought woe upon his own head.

My first impulse is to see if someone was a victim, rather than a wrong doer or a passive accomplice in a wrong thing.

Don't be in such a hurry to condemn. You could make (innocent) mistakes. Would you like to be roasted for an innocent error? If not, do not be so quick to roast another. Find out about his situation first.

ruveyn1

Edited by ruveyn1

I would not be so harsh. Many people have been hoodwinked by what passes for education.

...and they even assume huge student loan debts to get hoodwinked! Talk about weaving your own hangman's noose.

It is not the victims fault (necessarily) if he was taken in by people who presented themselves as faithful teachers or leaders.

Nevertheless, each adult assumes personal responsibility for the consequences of believing lies... and the government subsidized education system is chock full of tenured liars.

If a person persists in something after he has been shown proper proof (empirical proof is best) then he has brought woe upon his own head.

Absolutely. And real life provides the empirical proof through causality.

My first impulse is to see if someone was a victim, rather than a wrong doer or a passive accomplice in a wrong thing. Don't be in such a hurry to condemn. You could make (innocent) mistakes. Would you like to be roasted for an innocent error? If not, do not be so quick to roast another. Find out about his situation first.

ruveyn1

I agree with you about not acting against others. Standing safely aside when others get what they deserve as the consequences of their own actions is not taking action against them. It is for your own personal protection from becoming collatoral damage. Galt's Gulch was a metaphor for that... a place where moral protocols are observed provided safety from becoming collatoral damage when a corrupt system collapses.