Objectivism Online Forum

Other forums on the web

Rate this topic

DavidV

What are other forums and chat rooms on the web that would be of interest to Objectivists?

Note: I plan to add the submissions to the Web Links section of this site. You can help me by including a short one-line description with each link.

I don't know of any other forums and WebTV doesn't allow for most chat rooms. I'd like to suggest a blog or three for your list, however. If you really don't want this info. here (since it isn't what you asked for!), I'll take no offense if you delete this post.

I see you already have Instapundit and Little Green Footballs listed, both of which I peruse daily. I would suggest you consider adding the Belmont Club, which regularly offers good analyses on the war, as well as other subjects.

I also check in at The Command Post for news on the war. It is broken down by areas of interest, providing links for news of Afghanistan, Iraq, Indonesia, etc. I've found it to be an invaluable source of information.

I like to read the Volokh Conspiracy for news concerning the law. It doesn't advocate for objective law, but the site gives you a good idea of the legal issues in the spotlight right now, and how they are being discussed among the pros.

For translations of articles available only in Arabic, I use MEMRI. It is invaluable if you want to know what the enemy is saying.

• 2 months later...

Are there any other online forums you like – on Objectivism or any other topic? I’m curious about my competition – and I’d like to add them to the web link directory.

Here are some I like:

Capitalism Magazine: http://www.capitalismforum.com/phpBB2/

The Intellectual Activist: http://tiadaily.infopop.cc/eve

On a related note, are there any aspects of other forums you like that this one lacks?

I like Google Groups because of the search features they offer. And because they archive Usenet posts from at least a decade back. I learned a lot of Objectivism by reading Tony Donadio, and Betsy Speicher in the early 90's.

BTW, 'search' is also a function I value highly on this forum. I also hope you keep the older posts available as this forum grows.

Are there any other online forums you like – on Objectivism or any other topic? 

....<snip>....

On a related note, are there any aspects of other forums you like that this one lacks?

• 1 year later...

Objectivist Singles!

groups.msn.com/objectivistsingles

Not as big as the Atlasphere, and not as active since the Atlasphere appeard on the scene, but it's free and there's close to 1000 members. I've moderated it off and on for 4+ years.

--Dan Edge