Objectivism Online Forum

Thoughts on defending Rand against this attack?

Rate this topic

I wish I remebered them verbatim. We shall probably never know now because Mr. Speicher has left and it is my understanding that it is not possible to retrieve the original post once it has been edited. I am very hesitant to say what I remeber of the posts because I do not want to put words in Mr. Speichers mouth that he did not say, which is the cause of this problem in the first place. I would PM the moderator who changed it.

Why would you want to repeat what he wrote when it may lead to your posts being changed without notification and the information you posted deleted?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's true: I hope Mr. Speicher comes back. His commentary is very enlightening. When he pointed out that I missed something from Ayn Rand's article, "How to finance a free society", which was that the business men will gladly pay for such things as police because they have the more to lose. And there have been more. I am bewildered by his comments sometimes, but I do try to think about them.

I see that Betsy is still on this forum as I write this. I'm glad that she is sticking around.

Both of their comments in the homosexuality topics have been reinforcing.

I hope that the moderators do not edit my story because that might cause me to leave. My non-fiction, I can probably tolerate but the fiction, hell no.

To be honest I've only skimmed through the forum rules and am depending on my own character to stay on this forum without being asked to leave. I am surprised that it is possible for moderators to edit posts. I would understand a moderators critique of a post but actual change is remarkable.

Anyways, I hope Stephen returns. And I too would like to know where he goes next.

May I suggest the University of Toronto Objectivist Forum. It's small but there are very intelligent people on it.

Americo.

Coincidentally, I was within the last 24 hours designated moderator for the Basic Questions Forum.

I have been as bewildered by the unexplained action of moderator NIJamesHughes as has everyone else.

I will try to find out Hughes' reasons for doing what he did.

Unfortunately, I have also been cut off from access to the Moderator's Forum, probably inadvertently during the change in my status from "free-range" moderator to moderator designated for this forum.

In the meantime, while I work on this mess, please discuss this very disturbing event in the appropriate thread in the About the Website forum.

BASIC QUESTIONS MODERATOR, Burgess Laughlin

P. S. -- Thanks to the person who filed the REPORT! In this particular case, I was aware of the problem but unable to solve it. Please do use the report function in the future. Realize, though, that we sometimes have only one or two moderators online at a time trying to moderator hundreds of posts sent in the last day or so. Again, thanks for taking the time to use the REPORT! function. If possible, please specify the post number. It will save time for the moderator.

P. S. -- Thanks to the person who filed the REPORT! In this particular case, I was aware of the problem but unable to solve it. Please do use the report function in the future. Realize, though, that we sometimes have only one or two moderators online at a time trying to moderator hundreds of posts sent in the last day or so. Again, thanks for taking the time to use the REPORT! function. If possible, please specify the post number. It will save time for the moderator.

You're welcome; sorry for not including the post number...I figured the report function being used on a particular post would automatically link you to the post.