Objectivism Online Forum

Thoughts on music as a rational C.P.L?

Rate this topic

ironworks soundlabs

What do you mean by physical issues? 

I mean biological or medical problems that may impair psychological functioning and need to be dealt with medically. A cognitively oriented Objectivist psychiatrist -- an MD -- can help you with both.

I think she meant physical as in chemical, considering you said you are bipolar, which would be more neurological than pyschological in nature. Then you would need an MD psychiatrist rather than only a psychologist.

-at least that's what I read it to mean. I don't think she's critiquing your physique  :o

Thats what I was originally thinking, although I didn't think any treatments exist that can change the way ones brain is wired to operate. I know of medications that help, but I don't recall of hearing anything with long-term effects.

I then thought she was reasoning that I had the physical defects that generally occur with depression, bipolar ilnesses, and social withdrawal. Generally speaking, other people I have talked to that experianced similiar mental problems had health issues that go along with the ilnesses, such as stress related problems, obesity, constant reoccuring sicknesses. I have found that the best way to deal with these problems is to place a large personal emphasis on my physique and eating habits. :thumbsup:

I mean biological or medical problems that may impair psychological functioning and need to be dealt with medically.  A cognitively oriented Objectivist psychiatrist -- an MD -- can help you with both.

awesome, best of both worlds :thumbsup:

I will be looking into this over the next couple days. Unfortunately, I need to get direct referrals from my primary care physician for my health insurance to cover it. So I need to schedule an appointment with him after I find some good local psychiatrists that will take my insurance, and fit the criteria you have helped me establish (which I thank you very much for).