Objectivism Online Forum

Editing Posts

Rate this topic

DAC

I am unable to edit my posts.  [...] Have the editing rules changed?  [...] Is there a time limit?

I suspect you mean: Can one edit a post after submitting it (ADD REPLY)?

My experience is that you can, but only for a few minutes. Apparently, as soon as you hit ADD REPLY others can see it. Apparently too the subscriber notices go out shortly afterward (and after the edit ability stops?).

Of course, the best thing is to edit thoroughly in the draft window, first, and then examine the PREVIEW POST version again and again. Unfortunately, I almost always find minor problems (misplaced comma, misspelling) after I ADD REPLY.

Apparently this particular software has no SAVE function (on the main posts), allowing later review before sending, and no spellcheck function. Extra care in the draft window/preview cycle is necessary. Some individuals compose and proofread in a separate text file. But with my computer that is very cumbersome.

I am unable to edit my posts.  It has been awhile since I have posted.  Have the editing rules changed?  Edit:  Now I have the option for this post, but not one I did this morning.  Is there a time limit?

Yes, they have - there is now a one-hour limit. See http://forum.ObjectivismOnline.com/index.php?showtopic=985

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.