Objectivism Online Forum

Where Do Our Non-US Members Live?

Rate this topic

Non US members: On which continent do you currently live?  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Non US members: On which continent do you currently live?

• Canada, Mexico
    • South America
    • Asia
    • Europe
    • Africa
    • Oceania
    • Other

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny to see that there are more Objectivists here from Europe than from the USA.

I always thought this was more of an American thing, because I have never heard anything about Ayn Rand or Objectivism here. I found it on the web by a remark on a weird site about poker.

So I wonder how other European members found out about Ayn Rand.

It's funny to see that there are more Objectivists here from Europe than from the USA.
The first choice used to be "USA", but USA is no longer one of the choices. See the note on the first post.

Most of our members are from the US. This list (link) is probably a good enough sample of the overall geogrphic dispersion.

Edited by softwareNerd

• 2 weeks later...
Yup, pretty much. Well, not exactly - it differs from year to year. Some years I am in the US 8 months of the year, some years it's 3 months, and some years I just don't go back to India at all. My previous US stint was the longest - I worked in Minneapolis from Oct 2003 to Nov 2004, then worked in India from Nov 2004 to Feb 2005, and now I am back in Minneapolis since Feb of this year (and will probably be here till Mar 2006). What dictates the durations of my US stay is the requirements that my company has for keeping me here to service a client on-site.

There are five votes for Asia so far. I count me, Prometheus, Indobj and Shakthig. Would voter no. 5 come forward please? ;)

I'm in the U.K.

• 5 weeks later...

I voted for "Oceania" on this one. Last time I checked that was were New Zealand was after all. :blink:

I see only four people have responded from this area so far... but that is about what I would expect really.

• 8 months later...
I live in Wuhan ,China.Just another ordinary Chinese boy.I'd be surprised if there was anybody on here from my city of the country.
We recently had a member join from China for a short while, but he wasn't an Objectivist. Out of curiosity, are you an Objectivist or Ayn Rand fan, or did you chance upon the forum some other way?

We recently had a member join from China for a short while, but he wasn't an Objectivist. Out of curiosity, are you an Objectivist or Ayn Rand fan, or did you chance upon the forum some other way?

To be honest,I just found this forum by chance.At that time,I had a big fight with one of my friends.(right now she is not my friend any more.)I was confused and had no idea what to do.Then I typed this HAVE A FIGHT WITH A FIREND in google search.The google brought me to this forum.However, I can not define me as a objectivist or Ayn Rand fan.I share the idea of objectivism with you guys and I strongly support the opinion that Reality,Reason , Right.I think that’s enough for me to join this community.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
The Great White North :lol:

Moi aussi!

Why the heck are Canada and Mexico sharing an option?? The Canadian in me wants to find a silly American to point and laugh at for that one ...

[edit] ... and then I put two seconds' worth of thought into it and it makes sense. Heh.

Edited by bluey

Moi aussi!

Why the heck are Canada and Mexico sharing an option?? The Canadian in me wants to find a silly American to point and laugh at for that one ...

[edit] ... and then I put two seconds' worth of thought into it and it makes sense. Heh.

What part? I'm in Ottawa...

What part? I'm in Ottawa...

I've been in Halifax for about 5 years now but I'll soon be headed to BC for work. I grew up in St. John's and it's time to see the west coast! I have a good friend in Ottawa and I've been there to visit a couple of times, it's a great city but I'm hoping for a place with less snow/cold ... ;)

I've been in Halifax for about 5 years now but I'll soon be headed to BC for work. I grew up in St. John's and it's time to see the west coast! I have a good friend in Ottawa and I've been there to visit a couple of times, it's a great city but I'm hoping for a place with less snow/cold ... ;)

Ah, I get it... bluey = bluenoser?

I was born and lived in in Halifax/Dartmouth for a total of 6 years, and spent 11 years in Victoria. I'd definitely pick BC over the East... at least anything east of Ottawa ;)