Objectivism Online Forum

Any Unemployed Software Engineers in SF Bay Area?

Rate this topic

khaight

The group I work in at Cisco just got four new external headcount requisitions for software engineers. On the theory that Objectivists are likely to be high-quality producers, I thought I'd see if there were any software engineers in the area who might be interested in applying. We're located in the Santa Clara headquarters complex on Tasman Drive; people in the group (not counting the one crazy guy who comes down from Oregon) commute from between Palo Alto to the north and south San Jose to the south.

We have a history of hiring very smart people even if their skillset isn't a perfect match. Ignorance is curable, but stupid is forever.

Core skills are C/C++ coding and design abilities, good communication and a proactive attitude. Experience working with embedded software and hardware drivers would be a plus, as would experience with networking. We're willing to consider both junior and senior level applicants.

For those who pay attention to the networking world, our group does the Cisco Catalyst 4000 line of products -- overall the most popular modular Ethernet switch in the history of the known universe.

If anyone is interested, feel free to drop me a line at [email protected] with any further questions you have. I should be able to dig up formal job descriptions sometime in the next week.