Objectivism Online Forum

The Sword of Truth

Rate this topic

LucentBrave

Ah yes, i agree with you about Jordan the original seven books phenomenal, then i just think he lost track of everything and it got to big for him and the results of this were books 8 and 9. Books for the most part were nothing really happened. Of course many people would like to draw the same comparison between Jordan's 8 and 9 to Goodkind's 7 and 8. the fact that nothing happens. Yet, the problem with drawing such a comparison is that people unfortunately forget the context these books are written. Terry sets this up in book 6 and at the very beginning of this book too. I won't say much more than that but remember that when you read through the series. There is a definite shift in not just how much more predominately the philosophy is given to the reader, but the why behind it.

Edited by Richard Roark

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for bump, but am interested.

I'm a big fantasy reader, I love Tolkien, Jordan, Eddings, and have read a bit of Goodkind. I read up to Soul of the Fire, bought Faith of the Fallen, and never read it. I've heard Faith and especially Pillars are absolutely horrible, and I got dissuaded. :?

Sorry for bump, but am interested.

I'm a big fantasy reader, I love Tolkien, Jordan, Eddings, and have read a bit of Goodkind. I read up to Soul of the Fire, bought Faith of the Fallen, and never read it. I've heard Faith and especially Pillars are absolutely horrible, and I got dissuaded. :?

I would agree that Pillars is pretty hard to get through, probably the worst of the series.

However, Faith of the Fallen is definitely worth reading. If it is not the best in the series, it certainly comes close. It was my favorite.

It explains in great detail why communism fails, and capitalism works.

Edited by ann r kay

You have heard that Faith is horrible!!!!!!!!!!!! Who the hell where you talking too. Faith of the Fallen is the best book in the series and the most powerful book that I have ever read period. As I have stated several times before many people just don't understand the nature of this series and also the direction and shift the series had to take after the events in Soul of the Fire. I consider myself an expert on this series and have word from Terry himself that I have a top notch understanding of the novels so you can take my word on that.