Objectivism Online Forum

What does IBID refer to?

Rate this topic

I've heard "ibid" means "in the same place." It must be followed by a page number if the material being referenced to is on another page than the last reference.

When you are writing and want to refer to a previously cited source that is not the same as the last one, you can also write "op. cit." This must be done with the author's name in front, and usually a page number at the very end if appropriate.

• 4 years later...
Does anyone know what IBID refers to? It is used as a source in Objectivism: The Philosophy of Ayn Rand. Someone please help me on this.

Thanks,

Will

OK not the definition. I have a fuzzy photocopy of this page and I still can't make out the preceding lines that matches the ibid.

OK not the definition. I have a fuzzy photocopy of this page and I still can't make out the preceding lines that matches the ibid.

I have OPAR with me, but "ibid" is used many times, so you'll have to be more specific about where you are looking. What page number of OPAR are you looking at with that fuzzy copy and what is the number to the left of the line that says "ibid"?