Objectivism Online Forum

Inside Iran?

Rate this topic

This article claims "U.S. Conducting Secret Missions Inside Iran."

From the article:

"The civilians in the Pentagon want to go into Iran and destroy as much of the military infrastructure as possible."

One former high-level intelligence official told The New Yorker, "This is a war against terrorism, and Iraq is just one campaign. The Bush administration is looking at this as a huge war zone. Next, we're going to have the Iranian campaign."

Boy oh boy how I hope this is true...

If the New Yorker is writing this then the audience is horrified liberals that view conflict with Iran as the product of American aggression. These kind of stories may surface to help the anti-Bush crowd prove that it was wrong to elect him as president, and that he is a secretive warmonger.

I would be excited if these kind of articles came out from newspapers that favor war against terrorism.

BTW, Fox had a breaking news story today on Egyptian immigrants in New Jersey that were stabbed to death. Their relatives claim they were killed by Muslims who were offended by their lack of loyalty. Slain NJ Family

Reminds me of the girl in Texas who was killed by her Muslim father for going against the faith. Someone needs to catalog these kinds of stories.

From the article:

"The civilians in the Pentagon want to go into Iran and destroy as much of the military infrastructure as possible."

One former high-level intelligence official told The New Yorker, "This is a war against terrorism, and Iraq is just one campaign. The Bush administration is looking at this as a huge war zone. Next, we're going to have the Iranian campaign."

From the article:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/01/18/...reut/index.html

Our passive-aggressive war with Iraq and on terrorism in general has emboldened our enemy.

From the article:

I hope it is true as well.

I just think that Woodward and Bernstein wannabees should SHUT UP and let covert operations stay COVERT for pete's sake! This journalist (who also exposed the whole Abu-Graib thing) possibly jeopardized lives and quite possibly the mission itself. If Iran has nukes, I WANT them destroyed. I don't want to make a big fan fare about it and let the enemy know we are coming before we have ever started with our operations though.

• 2 weeks later...

USAF playing cat and mouse game over Iran - January 26, 2005

"The U.S. Air Force is playing a dangerous game of cat and mouse with Iran's ayatollahs, flying American combat aircraft into Iranian airspace in an attempt to lure Tehran into turning on air defense radars, thus allowing U.S. pilots to grid the system for use in future targeting data, administration officials said."

Read the whole story here:

http://www.wpherald.com/storyview.php?Stor...26-045615-4690r