Objectivism Online Forum

Tasteless political cartoon

Rate this topic

A surgeon's skill/knowledge/scalpel is healthcare not a plastic card or identification number, what fence could there possibly be to be 'on' either side of?

A knockout blow is only an appropriate analogy if you consider the slow culture rot that began with wage and price controls during ww2 as they concerned employee 'benefits' and 'healthcare insurance'.

And yes Obama and his ilk ae nihilistic toward American 'exceptualism' , they despise it.

A surgeon's skill/knowledge/scalpel is healthcare not a plastic card or identification number, what fence could there possibly be to be 'on' either side of?

A knockout blow is only an appropriate analogy if you consider the slow culture rot that began with wage and price controls during ww2 as they concerned employee 'benefits' and 'healthcare insurance'.

And yes Obama and his ilk ae nihilistic toward American 'exceptualism' , they despise it.

I find when selling an idea, the person has to at least have some respect for the salesman. But later in the conversation within this thread I conceded that polarized views are likely and more appropriate on the internet, and in "tight circles", like Objectivist blogs and forums. 

Something kind of like this?

The thing is, Romney isn't relevant anymore so I don't see why including him is necessary for a higher standard.

I'd actually say the key thing seperating the two cartoons is that this latter one is actually making a (small) intellectual point.  Suppose you were a hermit who lived in the mountains who only picks up 'current' events a few times a year.  At the very least, this does provide you some actual information that you can begin to evaluate based on.  "I think X is punching America" doesn't encourage rational analysis.

If you want to use "nihilistic" in this manner, then you can also say "Objectivists are nihilistic towards collectivism, they despise it."

Granted I may have misused the term , but I was responding to what seemed like an apology for Obama and his ilk( collectivists)  in the poster questioning the depth of their psycoepistemologic makeup.

If you could show that some aspect of their stated views or agenda wasn't consistent , like Toohey then perhaps they are just misguided. Or at least that was the drift of the off hand comment as I saw it.