Objectivism Online Forum

hello!

Rate this topic

My name is Amy, but you can call me epheme. I'm a student at VCU in Richmond, VA. I've been interested in Objectivism since about 1997 or 1998, when I came across the Fountainhead. I'd always been a Libertarian, and it took me a while to realise that Libertarianism was only a subset of a much larger system of thought. So, once I came out of the closet as a full-fledged Objectivist, things became much clearer :P

I'm helping start a campus Objectivist club here at VCU, and I'm quite pleased to find that many of my instructors, although not professed Objectivists, have repeatedly defended Objectivist positions in their lectures.

I'm hoping that this will be an active community! :D

epheme,

It's interesting to see how people came to discover objectivism. I too became aware of Ayn Rand's ideas through the Fountainhead. I gave a copy to my teenage sister for Christmas (she wanted teenage girl stuff but I gave her what I thought she needed; if someone gave me that book at 15/16 things would have been a lot better...).

Best of luck with your club on campus.

Guest Guest_Heather

heh heh...I gave my copy of The Fountainhead to my fourteen-year-old sister a few weeks ago, but she instead continued with cheesy romance novels... *sigh.* To each her own in her own time.

Congrats and welcome, Amy. B)