Objectivism Online Forum

Hi

Rate this topic

Hi-

I figured I would introduce myself since I will likely be posting my writing on here for critique in the future.

Some guys on this forum know me from Protest Warrior and asked me to come over.

Speaking of which, some of you may know that the head of PW are very friendly towards Ayn Rand.

Anyway, I'm Amber. I have a "regular" job that pays bills for now but I consider myself a writer. I've written literally 100s of articles. My favorite topics are sex/gender, foreign policy and education. In fact, I put together a pretty solid collection of articles on dating / sex / gender that I would like to get published.

My website is at www.amberpawlik.com

Comments welcome!

I am also very passionate about supporting the freedom movement in Iran, although unfortunately I have not been able to dedicate much time to that lately.

I am in the middle of working on an article on Islam. I look forward to posting it! Here is a tease:

Typically, when you bring up Islam as the possible cause for terrorism, the first thing you are lectured on is that Islam is not the problem but rather that the terrorists had a “wrong interpretation” of the Koran. 

We have watched Islamic terrorists behead innocent civilians.  We have been assured that this is completely and totally against Islam. 

From the Koran1:

"When thy Lord spake unto the angels, 'I will be with you: therefore stablish ye the faithful. I will cast a dread into the hearts of the infidels.' Strike off their heads then, and strike off from them every finger tip." - Sura 8:12 (Bold mine)

We have watched Islamic terrorists commit ‘jihad’ against the West.  Under no circumstances, we are lectured, does the Koran tell its followers to attack nonbelievers. 

"Make war upon such of those to whom the Scriptures have been given as believe not in God, or in the last day, and who forbid not that which God and His Apostle have forbidden, and who profess not the profession of the truth, until they pay tribute out of hand, and they be humbled." Sura 9:29 (Bold mine)

We know that the Islamic terrorists envision a world that is entirely Muslim. Surely, they tell us, this has nothing to do with the Islam religion. 

“Say to the infidels: If they desist from their unbelief, what is now past shall be forgiven them, but if they return to it, they have already before them the doom of the ancients! Fight then against them till strife be at an end, and the religion be all of it God's" - Sura 8:39-40  (Bold mine)

Hello, Amber!

You seem familiar, perhaps I've run into you somewhere before.  No matter.  I'm pretty new to this forum myself, I wandered over here from the TIA Daily forum.

I think you emaild me once about one of my articles ..... were you a President of an Objectivist club in college? And are you a physics/math major or something similar?

Hi Amber,

I read your essay Atlas Shot on your website and just wanted to say that it conveys my thinking on the subject of 9/11 perfectly.

As I said in my own introduction 9/11 is the event in my life that "drove" me towards Objectivism. I still have a few contradictions that I'm working with but for the most part have never looked back.

I just want to say you seem like a very interesting person and I would like to read your views on others subjects.

Welcome to Atlantis.

Eric

• 1 month later...

Hi Amber - I also loved a lot of the content on your website. Especially the article "Nurturing positive, value based relationships".

However, I was also reading "Gender Healing, seeing bees, not the swarm", and something confused me:

"This is where Christianity would help to combat communism. Communism commands hatred; Christianity commands love. Christians are commanded to love their neighbor, and therefore to love women or love men. Misogyny and misandry are considered innately wrong and to be fixed. Gender warfare does not exist in a Christian world. This is why feminists hate Christianity.

Christianity also does another thing. It allows people to get over their baggage. Despite a woman being hurt by man after man, or a man being hurt by woman after woman, Christianity allows a person to find healing and forgiveness. Thus, they can go on to pursue an ideal life, not being sucked back into misery and anger."

Are you actually a Christian?

Hey Amber, being a new member to the site as well it is nice to get a warm welcome. I too am a writer who is simply working a job to make ends meet. Don't have many articles written, but i do have quite a few poems as well as a a short-story. Well at least that is the best way to describe it I guess. Anyway see you around,