Objectivism Online Forum

Reddit /r/objectivism has been hijacked by anarchist moderators

Rate this topic

To whomever it may concern:

The reddit /r/objectivism has been hijacked by anarchist moderators.

/u/JamesShrugged is an anarchist who wants to start his own flavor of Objectivism called AnarchObjectivism. He started his own subreddit called /r/AnarchObjectivism

/u/ParahSailin the original moderator has now promoted /u/JamesShrugged as a moderator. 

/u/ParahSailin also has anarchist leanings, as evidenced by the fact that he removed my post to introduce my own satirical subreddits named /r/christianobjectivism /r/islamicobjectivism and /r/cafeteriaobjectivism

/u/ParahSailin and /u/JamesShrugged are anarchists who are now moderators of /r/objecctivism. They are using it to promote their own version of objectivism.

Sorry to trouble you with all these petty politics.

Heh, I know, it's a horrible subreddit now, but rarely I post there.

ParahSailin is a dishonest person who has a fondness for sock puppet accounts, so it's hard to even say what his views really are.

I wouldn't worry about it, it's a phenomena of reddit that some places turn to trash. You just need to start over sometimes if it does go bad.

Heh, I know, it's a horrible subreddit now, but rarely I post there.

ParahSailin is a dishonest person who has a fondness for sock puppet accounts, so it's hard to even say what his views really are.

I wouldn't worry about it, it's a phenomena of reddit that some places turn to trash. You just need to start over sometimes if it does go bad.

You mean the productive posters need to.... shrug?

There'll always be anarchist-leaning folk who think of themselves as Objectivist, or largely so. And, so, there'll always be sites, sub-reddits, and forums that serve this audience.

There's not much to be gained from bashing one Objectivist-labelled "forum" on another, nor from making a list of all the bad ones.

It's my sense that people who're looking for Objectivist-related discussion will soon enough find the site/forum that fits their view. Not just on the anarchist/non axis, but on other dimensions too.

• 2 weeks later...

There'll always be anarchist-leaning folk who think of themselves as Objectivist, or largely so. And, so, there'll always be sites, sub-reddits, and forums that serve this audience.

There's not much to be gained from bashing one Objectivist-labelled "forum" on another, nor from making a list of all the bad ones.

It's my sense that people who're looking for Objectivist-related discussion will soon enough find the site/forum that fits their view. Not just on the anarchist/non axis, but on other dimensions too.

Thanks for your comments... Parah and I started that forum /r/objectivism a couple of years ago while it was abandoned. There are plenty of mainstream objectivist forums, like this one, or 4aynrandfans.com. I really don't understand the desire to have that one as well.

I would really encourage the people who don't like /r/objectivism because of who it's moderators are, or because of our views on the various objectivish movements, to join one of the other forums.