Objectivism Online Forum

Hello Everyone

Rate this topic

I am a 25 year old from the state of Indiana and currently work as a production technician for a multimedia company. More specifically I am a 3d artist. Although I have only known about Objectivism for the last year I have been living by it for many years. My father, a business owner, had instilled in me from an early age the importance of Capitalism and individuality that still sticks with me today. He never heard of Ayn Rand or her philosophy, but understood the importance of what it stood for. After reading Anthem (then Atlas Shrugged and many other works by Ayn Rand and Dr. Peikoff) I found what I had been trying to put a name too for so many years, Objectivism. It has inspired me to read more and really think reasonably, logically about everything around me. There are times though when I must be the “bad guy” for what I believe. I’ve been called heartless, greedy, and selfish. Objectivism has shown me the true meaning of these terms and I am happy to have them given to me.

I look forward to reading this forum and learning all I can from the different points of views that may be offered. It may be sometime before I venture to comment on any thread as I have not fully grasped all of Objectivism. In time though and with more understanding I will be able to provide my own contribution to this forum. If you have any questions for me feel free to ask. Thank you for your time.

-Bradley Peters

Welcome! I'm 19 and a new to Objectivism as well. :) I hope you'll check out the Basic Questions section in the forum, it's a great place to start if you want to venture to post on the site. It is an area of the site that is parented by one specific moderator and it is geared towards answering inductory questions about Objectivism. I've found it extremely valuable.

Warm Regards,

Elle

[snip]I’ve been called heartless, greedy, and selfish[snip]

-Bradley Peters

Haven't we all? :) Welcome to the forum Mr. Peters. I am fifteen and first read Anthem a couple years ago. Since then, I've been reading up on Objectivism. I agree with Elle that Basic Questions is a good place to start. Miscellaneous is also interesting at times, if you're in for something different. Anyway, welcome. :thumbsup:

edited by me to fix quote :dough:

Edited by non-contradictor

Welcome to Atlantis!

I'm 27 and have also only been studying Objectivism for a few years but like you basically lived it before that. The only thing better than this forum would be if we could create a society of Objectivists.

Eric