What are your favorite TV shows?

Rate this topic

DavidV

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sopranos. No ifs, ands or buts. This is definitely the best show on tv, ever.

I am aware that the fact that there is no hero at all may turn a lot of people off, but the writing is so amazing, the acting even more so. It is a character driven show in the best sense. I shan't even go into the objectivist/non-objectivist aspects of the show. I admire it for its skill in execution (no pun intended).

I don´t follow any TV shows right now, but some of my favourites are...

CSI - you just gotta love that Grissom guy. :)

Initial D (anime) - kinda childish, but there´s just something about it that I really enjoy...

And my all time favourite, Poirot! I came here on TV when I was about 8-10 years old. I had read alot of Agatha Cristies books and enjoyed them, but I think the TV series was even better. I watched some old episodes again some time ago, and I ejoyed it even more.

"Hercule Poirot: You think it is wrong, Hastings, to enjoy the compliments, or the 'buttering,' as you say?

Captain Hastings: No, but do you have to show it quite so much? It's not English.

Hercule Poirot: Perhaps it is Belgian. And why should I be the hypocrite, to blush when I am praised, and to say like you, "It is nothing." Hmph! I have the order, the method, and the psychology. There, I admit it. I am the best. I am Hercule Poirot. "

"Captain Hastings: Well, I hadn't thought of that.

Hercule Poirot: If you are to be Hercule Poirot, you must think of everything."

"I cannot, truly I cannot, sit in a chair all day reflecting how truly admirable I am."

"I do not approve of murder."

:D

Edited by Alfa

Poirot
I have them all on DVD and watch them over and over and over.

In related news, I'm considering bumping 24 this season. After the premiere, I can think of only one word: "meh."

-Q

I LOVE HOUSE!!! I cannot emphasize it enough. The plot is wonderful, Hugh Laurie is a wonderful (and incredibly sexy) actor, and the dialogue is entertaining. House is such an individual, if there is ever a new version of TF, I want Hugh Laurie to be Howard Roark.

The fresh prince of Bell Air. Anyone else here likes it?
Haha, are you joking!?! I love that show. I haven't seen it in ages, but I still know all the words to the opening song. We sometiems sing it at basketball games to mess with the other team. It's really random and really funny.

I also love The Red Green Show. It's kind of pointless, but I think it's hilarious. Plus, the stuff he (Red Green) comes up with is hilarious. For those of you that haven't seen it (probably most of you), it's hard to describe. One part of the show he always comes up some invention to save time or money- he once duct taped two cars together to make a "poor-man's Hummer" and actually drove it across his lawn. He's just one of those guys that could put a man on the moon with duct tape and a snickers bar.

Hmm, I've never heard of it. I don't watch much TV, though, so that's to be expected. What channel and day does it air?

Its on Sunday nights on the Cartoon Network. It is sort of a satire about Johnny Quest with a really weird since of humor that I love. You can got to adultswim.com and (legally) watch at least a few eopisodes online I think.

Its on Sunday nights on the Cartoon Network. It is sort of a satire about Johnny Quest with a really weird since of humor that I love. You can got to adultswim.com and (legally) watch at least a few eopisodes online I think.

Yes, click on "fix" then "shows" then "The Venture Brothers."

I rarely watch TV. When I do it's usually the news.

However, there are exactly 4 shows that I will stop flipping channels to watch every time I find one: King of the Hill, South Park, Family Guy, and X-Files. Other shows might reel me in for an episode or two.

• 2 months later...

I don't really watch much TV. The shows that really stood out for me are:

X-Files, first three seasons.

Lost, first season.

Firefly, every episode of the short-lived series.

The Sopranos, the first 3-4 seasons.

Family Guy. Most of them.

The Simpsons, once upon a time.

Any type of animal documentary, some historical documentaries. Basically just random discovery channel shows.

Cowboy Bebop and other random animes.

Most good shows tend to start sucking after awhile. I watch sports probably more than anything else.

The first season of Lost did a good job on building tension and anticipation as to what the island is really about, had solid and believable characters with appealing back stories.

And then the second season came out, and it's just 90% fillers without advancing the plot in any significant way. More new characters are introduced that you haven't gotten to know, and random stuff like smoke monsters started showing up.

The first season of Lost did a good job on building tension and anticipation as to what the island is really about, had solid and believable characters with appealing back stories.

And then the second season came out, and it's just 90% fillers without advancing the plot in any significant way. More new characters are introduced that you haven't gotten to know, and random stuff like smoke monsters started showing up.

Ick, I think it might have been part of Season Two I saw, and whatever season it is with this stupid guy whom can see into the future, and how everyone is talking as though the "Island" makes them do things.