Objectivism Online Forum

New to the Forum Also

Rate this topic

Just wanted to say Hey i am new to the forum as well. here goes a brief history about myself. I found my way to Objectivism through the Terry Goodkind and being exposed to his ideas. Being a young writer and enjoying the way he wrote i mailed him a letter asking him about tips on writing. In reply he sent me to The Romantic Manifesto and The Art of Fiction. After checking these out of Marquette University's Library. I became intrigured. Also during this time the fulfillment of living a catholic/irrational life came crashing down around me in the terms of some personal problems with a roommate and a GPA of 1.15 for that semester. I vowed to myself never to allow this to happen to me again and began to explore the philosophy of Objectivism even more. It made sense to me to begin living my life according to a philosophy founded by an author. <_<

lets see here...I discovered Ayn Rand through Terry Goodkind. Being a young writer and wanting to write books in a similiar fashion to Terry Goodkind as i stated above I wrote to him and he sent me to the two books mentioned above. Including those two books, i have read and own, art of non fiction, atlas, fountainhead, anthem, for the new intellectual, VOS, CUI, objectism epistomology. I have read both of Peikoff's books as well. I have probably read each book at least twice, with the exception of CUI for whatever reason i get about halfway through this book and just don't finish it. Plan on it sometime soon though.

LOL. Yes i am vinny d...No, but i do shave my head and i don't have any good pictures of myself to put up. Also, Vin and I share the same body structure, though i am taller than him. I use his picture and look at his body and think to myself this is how i should look and what i am going to look like eventually. just got to keep hitting the weights.