Objectivism Online Forum

Antifa fascists attack Yaron Brook and Sargon of Akkad

Rate this topic

Hot off the presses, boys. Yaron's forum talk with the liberal YouTuber Sargon of Akkad at the King's Libertarian Society, when ironically they were literally in the middle of denouncing the Alt Right and discussing the objectivist critique of fascism, the thugs burst in the room to shut down the forbidden wrongthink.

Looks like they were more interested in Sargon than Yaron, but they seem to have held their own against the masked effeminate commies, even though security was rather inept at removing them. Yaron posted a follow up video afterwards.

Some good comments on there. Yaron heroically stomping on the captured Antifa flag, just warms my heart. ❤️

Edited by 2046

The professor ushering them out like children, which I suppose they are. Like Yaron said, they really don't understand... just look at the uncomfortable expression on the girl in green's face when they blatantly recorded her en masse.

11 hours ago, 2046 said:

... they seem to have held their own against the masked effeminate commies

That faggoty moderator sure should be proud, he didn't hesitate at all and stood up for himself like a real man. ...Wait, am I doing this wrong?

One thing that came to my mind before this whole Antifa attack took center stage.........what was Yaron Brook doing attending a debate sponsored by an organization calling itself "The King's Libertarian Society"? I thought the Ayn Rand Institute considered libertarians "Persona Non Grata", and David Kelley's appearance as a speaker at Laissez Faire Books was the thing that sparked the rift that resulted in the Institute booting him out. How is Brook's appearance any different?

7 hours ago, Yitzhak Finnegan said:

One thing that came to my mind before this whole Antifa attack took center stage.........what was Yaron Brook doing attending a debate sponsored by an organization calling itself "The King's Libertarian Society"? I thought the Ayn Rand Institute considered libertarians "Persona Non Grata", and David Kelley's appearance as a speaker at Laissez Faire Books was the thing that sparked the rift that resulted in the Institute booting him out. How is Brook's appearance any different?

The differentia is between the venue contexts of "reaching out to college students" versus "swanky adult function" primarily in the identity of the audience and what can be achieved with them. 

One venue is more concerned with reaching out to youth, in a setting of learning, debate, where freely challenging and chewing of ideas is (presumably) the goal.  ARI's hope is to reach minds before it is too late.

The other venue is more in the vein of fund-raising, preaching to the choir,  marketing, networking, forming alliances among "like" minded adults.

Perhaps the above expression of the distinction is not perfect but I think it is accurate enough to capture the essence of the difference which legitimately justifies Yaron's attendance.

On 3/12/2018 at 8:01 AM, Yitzhak Finnegan said:

It does point to changing times and evolving minds and new political realities and possible political alliances. This visit of Brook displays the criticality of context wrt principles. At one level, with benefit of hindsight, it shows how unnecessary and quite silly was the spat that helped lead to a schism in Objectivism. But outcomes alone can't prove right from wrong (that would be consequentialist). The principles invoked on both sides in that bitter debate were central, and still are. It seems to me that a little less intrinsicism presumed on other individuals' minds (a gathering of libertarians, in that case) - and placing confidence in the independent judgment of another (and expert) Objectivist - would have headed off the storm. If there's anything to take out, retrospectively, it is how possible it is for even the most rational thinkers, when it comes to applying or implementing the philosophy to practical, temporal  'issues', to take a fixed (and sometimes mistaken) moral stance, so bringing about superfluous rifts and O'ist 'camps'. I believe something to beware of in the future.