Objectivism Online Forum

Need Help To Edit A Wikipedia Page For My Business

Rate this topic

Can someone kindly share the tips for editing a Wikipedia page of an organization or business? I run my own online store, and it has come to my knowledge that some has created a Wikipedia page for my business. I checked the page and there are many details missing out that I wish to add in the content. Since I currently don’t have a very hefty budget, I cannot afford to hire professional Wikipedia editors for the work to get done. I was hoping to make the alterations myself, but I don’t have a clear idea how to do it since I have no experience of working for the Wikipedia. If anyone has a proper knowledge about it, then kindly share it with me. Thanks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Editing    This page can't be edited by almost anybody. But other pages can be. Where this page has the 'View source' tab near the top, editable pages have an 'Edit' tab. Click on it and type away. You are not required to log in to edit, but it's probably better to create an account and log in (top right of any Wikipedia page).

Start with something easy until you catch on. Also, you can edit and click on 'Show preview' to see what you did without having to save your changes.

Edited by merjet