Objectivism Online Forum

Reblogged:Friday Hodgepodge

Rate this topic

Notable Commentary
X19_Pumpkin.jpg
My daughter gave this to me as an early Christmas present.

Editor's Note: Each year, I take time off from blogging and news. I start today, once I am satisfied any loose ends are taken care of. I'll resume posting here and on Twitter on January 6, 2020. I wish my readers a merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

"[P]atients suffer and die because of physicians trying to adhere to government guidelines." -- Paul Hsieh, in "How Patients Pay the Price for Unintended Consequences of Government Health Care" at Forbes.

"trong anti-meat dietary recommendations are not justified by the best currently available evidence." -- Paul Hsieh, in "I'm a Physician, and I'll Continue Eating Red Meat" at Forbes.

"The council has been a microcosm of the U.N.'s fundamental moral bankruptcy." -- Elan Journo, in "Cheer the US Exit From UN Human Rights Council -- But Demand More" at The Hill.

"The underlying problem is the persistent U.S. failure to understand and confront the ascendant Islamist movement, which Iran has spearheaded since 1979." -- Elan Journo, in "Presidential Candidates -- Including Trump -- Are Wrong on Iraq" at The Daily Caller.

"Like the Pilgrims eating all of their turkeys and leaving none to make more, Ms. Harris and other presidential candidates would kill the golden goose that has laid the golden eggs of economic growth and a flourishing society in the U.S. -- the rule of law and protection of property rights." -- Adam Mossoff, in "Calls for Government Theft of Property Should End Like Kamala Harris' Campaign" at The Washington Times.

"The Supreme Court has a chance to end the double standard that allows state institutions to run roughshod over copyrights, the legal fountainhead of American creativity." -- Adam Mossoff, in "Stop the States' Copyright Plunder" at The Wall Street Journal.

"Since our inception in 2000 we've forecasted, in real time, the two U.S. recessions that have occurred (2001, 2007-09); just as important, our models haven't falsely forecasted any recessions that didn't occur." -- Richard Salsman, in "Unanticipated Recessions" (PDF) at RealClear Markets.

"Epstein is right: Companies should stop fearing the cool media kids scaremongering and start reminding the people who count -- their customers -- of the full value they offer." -- Gus Van Horn, in "The Recycling Crowd Embraces Grade-School Juvenility" at RealClear Markets.

"nstead of patting ourselves on the back that another critique of Rand's missed the mark, I hope we'll instead use this as an opportunity to become better." -- Don Watkins, in "Atlas Neutered: Ari Armstrong's Straw Man attack on Objectivism" at Medium.

"[T]here is risk built into every choice." -- Don Watkins, in Survival and Risk, at Medium.

"I believe I have made my point that we don't have capitalism today, or anything even close." -- Keith Weiner, in "An Open Letter to John Taft" at SNB & CHF.

-- CAV

Link to Original