Objectivism Online Forum

$30 Google Ad Contest

Rate this topic

The first person to submit a Google Ad that meets or exceeds a 1% click rate over a week with at least 30 clicks wins $30 or a one year Patron subscription. The award will probably be extended to any winners after the first as well.

Details: Headline: max 25 chars. Description: line 1: 35 chars, line 2: 35 chars. You can email, PM me, or post your ad below.

The first person to submit a Google Ad that meets or exceeds a 1% click rate over a week with at least 30 clicks wins $30 or a one year Patron subscription.  The award will probably be extended to any winners after the first as well. 

Details: Headline: max 25 chars.  Description: line 1: 35 chars, line 2: 35 chars.  You can email, PM me, or post your ad below.

This philosophy says "Sex is Good".

Discuss the morality of sex.

And much more at objectivismOnline

• 1 month later...

We have a winner!

Wishbone, your “Sex is good” ad has met the competition requirements. How would you like the $ - a six month Premium subsciption or a $30 PayPal transfer?

For anyone else wishing to submit ads, the ad contest is extended indefinately.

Edited by GreedyCapitalist

When I search Google for "Ayn Rand" or for "Objectivism", I see the OO.net ad

However, in the the main search listing:

1) "Ayn Rand": OO.net is not listed on the first page

2) "Objectivism": OO.net is number 8 on the list. In my opinion, this does not reflect its real relevance to someone searching for the term "Objectivism".

In this blog, Scoble from Microsoft gives an example of how a change of 'Title' tag helped bring a law-firm site to number 1.

Here, at OO.net, the title for the forum pages says "Objectivism Online Forum..."

However, the main site says "ObjectivismOnline.net". I wonder if adding a space in the title of the main page would make a difference?

The original paper about search by the founders of Google might have additional ideas (I have not read it yet).

Many people ignore the ads. When they search, the top-ranked sites gets their main attention. OO.net should be among the top 3 in the "Objectivism" search. This ought not require gimmicks that temporarily "trick" a search-site "crawler", but it might require something to help their computer make a more "intelligent" decision.