Objectivism Online Forum

Should Children Be Able to Eat Free? (Parents don't have to pay)

Rate this topic

14 minutes ago, Eiuol said:

How is it any different than a court ordering a company that defrauded thousands of customers to provide money for damages? Clearly it is not compensation for public schooling with what I'm saying, I'm specifically saying that offering free school lunch is partial retribution for causing poverty. It is not retribution for public schooling.

The difference or the key element is that you are being continuously forced to do business with the entity that is defrauding you.

17 minutes ago, Eiuol said:

Adding a program may make the populace more open to collectivistic policies - if you say nothing, this will probably happen. But if you vocalize that you believe the state is causing poverty, and that coercion must end, people will be able to see the less obvious benefit. 

Okay, I will vocalize it: I believe the state is causing poverty, and that coercion must end. (what have I been doing in all this thread?)

18 minutes ago, Eiuol said:

This is not a requirement if the program is universal.

The only absolute right thing to do as a universal solution is to get rid of coerced public schooling. Everything else is a partially corrupt solution.

On 3/8/2020 at 3:17 PM, Easy Truth said:

One way or the other, you are talking about a reparation which amounts to a discount on a CONTINUING crime.

So no, you don't know what my argument is. 

On 3/8/2020 at 3:25 PM, Easy Truth said:

Everything else is a partially corrupt solution.

It wasn't supposed to be a solution to public schooling.