Objectivism Online Forum

Reblogged:Pro-Liberty Roundup, Part I

Rate this topic

Your proprietor's schedule constraints have collided with a backlog of thought-provoking and enjoyable writing from the liberty movement. Over the next three days, I'll post teaser quotes and links from same to this blog. I hope you enjoy them.

I'll add links to Part II and Part III here once I post them over the next couple of days.

Liberty_1.jpg
Image by Tom Coe, via Unsplash, license.
"A proper government would scientifically test, track and isolate carriers of Covid-19 and leave non-carriers free to live and adopt the precautions they think necessary." -- Onkar Ghate, in "Letter: In Defense of Ayn Rand" (New York Times)

"[T]he reason to leave individuals free to choose is to allow them to think rationally about what choice to make." -- Ben Bayer, in "Be More Selfish: Wear a Mask" (Orange County Register)

"It is remarkable that one of the most productive and beneficial entrepreneurs is the one slated for the placement of the hideous and threatening guillotine on his front lawn." -- Raymond Niles, in "Celebrate Entrepreneurs, Don't Guillotine Them" (American Institute for Economic Research)

"If you want to know the reason for this disrespect for facts, consider what is taught in most colleges, especially in philosophy classes." -- Charlotte Cushman, in "Riots, Through the Eyes of a Montessori Educator" (American Thinker)

"The problem, he said, is that the FDA is evaluating applications for antigen tests based on criteria for assessing diagnostics, like PCR, even when the tests serve a different purpose -- as a screening tool." -- Kira Peikoff, in "An At-Home Contagiousness Test for COVID-19 Already Exists. Why Can't We Use It?" (LeapsMag)

"[D]o the different parties involved understand and effectively promote Objectivism?" -- Don Watkins, in "A Word on Carl Barney's Essay" (Medium)

"My vision of the 'common good' is one where the State leaves law-abiding men and women alone to quietly build families, to work and create, to gain knowledge, to travel, to coach little league soccer, to tend gardens, to go to the local pub for a pint, to celebrate Independence Day with friends and family, to watch Clemson beat 'Bama, and to pursue their vision of the good life." -- C. Bradley Thompson, in "Tyranny and the Politics of the Common-Good" (American Mind)

I hope to publish here at my Redneck Substack essays on a range of subjects that will mostly be on historical, philosophical, political, and cultural topics." -- C. Bradley Thompson, in "Untimely Thoughts on History, Philosophy, Politics, Education, and Culture" (Redneck Intellectual)

-- CAV

Link to Original