Objectivism Online Forum

Kung Fu Hustle

Rate this topic

Note: If you find Hong Kong Cinema style silly, leave this thread now, this movie is not for you.

I just went to see Kung Fu Hustle today, and oh it was fun. I highly recommend it to anyone looking to watch something amusing and lighthearted for a few hours!

• 2 weeks later...

The scene that I laughed the most at was the one with the Beast beating the guy into the ground after he hit him with the table leg. Then he asked “why did you hit me?” and the guy reaches up and smacks him the face with a stick. The scene where the two con artists are trying to throw the knives at the landlady was good too.

Stephen Chow did a great job with this movie. I saw an un-subtitled version of this film before I saw it in theaters and even though I could not understand the Chinese I could understand what was going on just by the tone of the scene, and the acting. I also loved his mix of marital arts and almost Warner Brothers cartoon style. The combination of the two was perfect making the film that much more enjoyable.