Objectivism Online Forum

America Won't Defeat The Insurgency

Rate this topic

This is an absurd statement which assumes that everyone who voted in the election is our ally. Voting does not make one a friend of America.

Voting makes one NOT a terrorist, in general. The point is, Iraq is not a nation of terrorists as you allege.

You'll note that the elected officials of Iraq are creating an Islamic Republic. Does that make Islamic Republicanism our ally?

We're pratcially a "Christian Republic" here in the U.S. Just heard on the radio that many of the new Iraqi cabinet ministers were sworn in--and part of that included a pledge to fight terrorism.

Our enemy is an entire society that supports, glorifies and teaches anti-West Islamic fundamentalism.

Which society is that? Sure, some of them do. Not all of them or most of them.

If you don't want to agree with me, that's fine--this should be the end of the discussion about whether or not 'Iraq' is an enemy or ally. Neither of us will budge on our positions. To say the things your saying about the people of Iraq is, in my opinion, demeaning to humanity. It reminds me of things I've heard in church, and it makes me sick.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Voting makes one NOT a terrorist, in general.

Another absurd statement. When did not voting become an essential trait of a terrorist?

The point is, Iraq is not a nation of terrorists as you allege.

You are mischaracterizing my position. I said that the Red Zone, which is practically the entire country of Iraq now, is "swarming with terrorists and terrorist sympathizers." As further evidence of this fact I point to the brutal terrorist attack in Kurdish territory today.

Another point: Have you ever heard of the massive Iraqi street demonstrations against the "insurgents?" I haven't. But you do hear about massive Iraqi street demonstrations against American occupation, don't you? Why is that? Could it be because the bulk of Iraq has more sympathy for our enemy?

If you don't want to agree with me, that's fine--this should be the end of the discussion about whether or not 'Iraq' is an enemy or ally.  Neither of us will budge on our positions.

I don't care if you budge or not. I don't respond to your posts for your sake. If you want to abandon your position, be my guest.

To say the things your saying about the people of Iraq is, in my opinion, demeaning to humanity.  It reminds me of things I've heard in church, and it makes me sick.

You're certainly entitled to your "opinion." But since you offer no reason or evidence to support this opinion, I consider it nothing more than another example of your disregard for the facts.

The fact is that I have argued that Iraq is still our enemy. I said nothing "demeaning to humanity."

I challenge you to provide a shred of evidence in support of your opinion.

I don't care if you budge or not. I don't respond to your posts for your sake. If you want to abandon your position, be my guest.

The idea was that we stop arguing over something we won't agree on out of repsect to the other participants in this thread. I see little point in continuing our discussion. I'm not abandoning my position per se--I just don't want to argue with you anymore.

On second thought--we can continue to discuss the status of Iraq as "enemy" or "ally." I will make a new thread (in this subforum) to encourage participation by others, since this thread it so long etc. I feel that we've gotten off topic, so I'll just make a new topic.