Objectivism Online Forum

Introducing Myself

Rate this topic

Hi, all

My involvement with Objectivism goes back a long way to a day in the 7th Grade when our drama teacher read the bicycle scene from the Fountainhead. That was some 48 years ago.

I've taken courses live (in New York with NBI) and on Tape (NBI and ARI), been the founder of a Campus Club at University of Maryland, and known some of the people close to Ayn Rand at various times.

Education includes formal study of Piano Performance, Theatre, and Philosophy at Juilliard, University of Pittsburgh, University of Maryland, Circle in the Square. and Ohio State University. I have a BA in Philosophy (with Honors) from UM. I did graduate work at Ohio State in Philosophy.

Married to my High School sweetheart and soul mate (Julie Darrow) after 42 years of seperation. It's about time!

I'm looking forward to meeting you all via your posts.

Tom Rowland

Welcome Tom.  I'd also like to here some of your piano playing :)

Oh, how I wish I could share them. The only things I have are old reel to reel recordings made some 30 or more years ago. I'm not even sure they can be salvaged.

My playing now is not worth recording. I was diagnosed with Parkinson's desease in 2003 and, while the desease itself is mild at this point, it has affected my playing to a considerable extent.

If I can afford to have the tapes digitalized at some point, I will certainly share them.

Tom Rowland

Very happy to meet you, Tom!

Oh, how I wish I could share them.  The only things I have are old reel to reel recordings made some 30 or more years ago.  I'm not even sure they can be salvaged.

If the magnetic media isn't corrupted, there should be no problem salvaging them. You could probably get it done free.

Pardon, I'm done offering advice. :lol:

Very happy to meet you, Tom!

If the magnetic media isn't corrupted, there should be no problem salvaging them.  You could probably get it done free.

Pardon, I'm done offering advice. ;)

Advice welcome. No pardon needed. I'll check it out.

Tom

PS Judging from your posts, you have a firm grasp of Objectivism. Am enjoying reading them. :)